simple salads without leafy greens

Ok,This sounds a little weird but I’m not big on leafy salads , what I do like is salads with really chopped up ingredients. I found a fellow on 5min.com vitalcoachin is his name, one of his videos was called 3 simple raw recipes, one of which was a really finely chopped salad,looked yummy , he did give the ingredients but I want more salad recipes like that , I don’t mind some greens in my salads but overall I like lots of variety. also what kind of dressing would you put on this kind of salad. This salad is probably fairly simple to make,adding things that you really like but I am raw food impaired, I have no creativity at all. anyone have some great ideas.~Karen

Comments

• heyenglishheyenglish Raw Newbie
  • BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

monark~ I like chopped or shredded salads too! Sometimes I use cabbage as the base instead of lettuce and build from there. I mix and match shredded/chopped up carrots, different squashes, jicama, broccoli (peel the stem down to the white part and shred), cauliflower, parsnips, cucumber, zucchini, onion (yellow, sweet, green), tomatoes, ... gosh almost anything in the produce section. For sweetness, sometimes I add raisins. For more protein, add nuts and/or seeds. Sprouts work also. I tend to use a simple balsamic vinegar and olive oil dressing for most salads. For variety, use different vinegars and different oils with a little herbs and spices. The variety is infinite. A fun thing to do is get one unknown thing from the produce department each time you go shopping and experiment. I find that keeps things interesting and an adventure.

If you shred or chop greens into very small pieces, I think you can hide almost anything in the salad. :)

Happy chopping.

• try my guacamole salad. it’s a staple.