Hulled Seeds...

I am a little bit confused as to whether seeds that have been hulled (like sesame and sunflower seeds) are still raw? If you are wanting to eat only 100%, should you be buying such seeds still in their hulls…and if so, do you then have to remove the hulls yourself? Also, buckwheat can be bought hulled or not hulled can’t it? Sorry if that seems like a dumb question;) Thanks!!!

Comments

• waterbaby12347waterbaby12347 Raw Newbie

If you buy it in the hull, then it is up to you to hull it…

• Sorry maybe I didn’t word my question very well. I mean are the hulled ones still raw and will they sprout?

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

Hulled buckwheat, and sunflower seeds will sprout

I never tried to sprout hulled sesame seeds so I don’t know about that, but they are raw.

• Thanks for that Zoe:) Now I am not so confused!

• DreaDrea Raw Master

what about unhulled buckweat, sunflower, sesame etc, are they raw?

• waterbaby12347waterbaby12347 Raw Newbie

Oh my goodness Angel_NZ~ Wow!!! I must have been having a bad day, so sorry about my response!!! Sure missed your real question… OOOOOOPPPPPPSSSSSS

• CalebCaleb Raw Newbie

From what I know, hulled means unshelled. The sunflower seeds I buy say “hulled” and they are shell off. They do sprout!

• lol…no problem waterbaby12347! I have days like that all the time;)

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

I didn’t know that hulled sesame seeds are raw. Thanks for the information. I’m remembering that unhulled sesame seeds have more nutritional value, is that correct?