Lemon juice in hot water?

Hi, everybody!

In order to speed up my detox I was told to drink a glass of hot water with freshly sqeezed lemon juice throughout the day, especially between meals. Is it true? Does it work? Will it be good for me? Thanks for your help in advance!

Comments

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

The lemon juice in hot water is very good for removing excess mucus from your body. Yes, I think it helps with detox. I think it is most beneficial to drink it first thing in the morning. I am not sure about between meals though. I use to do this and it helped with any excess mucus. It is also recommended to do when fasting too.

• alpdesignsalpdesigns Raw Newbie

The lemon juice will also help with digestion.

• spiritedmamaspiritedmama Raw Newbie

I drink a glass of hot/warm lemon water every morning and have for almost 10 years. It is a great detox for the liver, helps with digestion, decreases mucus, and also decreases appetite.

• Thanks for your replies, gals! One more question? What do you think of the raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar? Is that good for you in a cup of warm water?

• spiritedmamaspiritedmama Raw Newbie

ACV is controversial sometimes. Some raw foodies say it is not good for you. I use it is small quantities is dressings etc., but I have not tried drinking it in hot water before. I know some do, and they say it helps. I would be more concerned that it is Bragg’s, not that it is ACV, as I have heard that Bragg’s products are not truly raw, as they advertise.

• alpdesignsalpdesigns Raw Newbie

I’ve read that about Bragg’s too. I bought Alissa Cohen’s book “Living on Live Food” and some of her recipes call for Bragg’s liquid aminos. I bought the Bragg’s and later learned that it isn’t raw. I’ve recently been reading about ACV not being as healthy or raw as many people report. It may depend on the brand. I love Eden’s stone ground mustard with ACV. I’m not sure I can give it up. I only use a little at a time to flavor salad dressings as well. A little mustard is better than a lot of ranch dressing! I guess moderation is always a good rule.

• When I was on cooked food I would use apple cider vinegar to help my spring time allergies. It would work for the spring time allergies, but not for my allergies with the foods I was eating.

Since being raw I tried it once and I found that my body didnt like it at all. But everyones different :)

• devittlesdevittles Raw Newbie

David Jubb recommends lemon juice, acv, honey and water mixed and drank to soften stones when you are doing the 14 day cleanse & gallbladder liver flush.

on that program you drink it 3x a day