Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Raw Beauty

2»

Comments

• troublesjustabubbletroublesjustabubble Raw Newbie

yeah, I think I’m gonna go grab baking soda, coconut oil and ACV on my way home. I don’t know if my store has skin brushes but I’ll check (it’s not whole foods).

I did it! I got it all (coconut oil, apple cider vinegar,skin brush and baking soda) I did the dry skin brush for the first time and it was so invigorating!

This was my regimen,

dry brush rub coconut oil on my legs, face and all dry spots hot bath with dead sea salt shave my already oiled legs rinse dry off

It was lovely and I enjoyed it entirely.

• I LOVE slathering myself with coconut oil after a bath or shower. Simply heavenly!!!

I only shampoo about once a week now. I’ve been raw for five years now so my hair hardly every gets “greasy”. I also don’t have to use any deodorant anymore.

Raw is awesome!!!

Blessings,

Audrey 

Hey Chilove, I saw your before and after pics somewhere, very impressive progress!

I can’t wait til my hair is ready to be shampooed less. Besides shampoo I’m completely natural. It feels amazing and I’ve never had more fun with my routine.

• My favorite routine is to apply Olive Oil on my body in the shower..or making an Olive or Coconut oil salt scrub. I also like to puree avocados and apply as a face mask (along with a little matcha powder) and hair mask. Dry brushing has become frequent routine as well. My girlfriend thinks i’m a bit wacky but she’s cool with it.

• Annabelle77Annabelle77 Raw Newbie

To all you trying to get away from Shampoo… I often go for a few weeks without it, and when I do, I ‘wash’ my hair with a natural conditioner (like Kiss My Face or Nature’s Gate). Remember in chemistry class when you learned that “like removes like”... That you cant remove an oil-based paint with a water-based remover.. Or, that you need an oil-based cleaner to take off waterproof mascara..

So, massaging your hair with conditioner-- or an oil—WILL clean it… and not strip it. Just rinse well.

• iknikn

I have to wash my hair every day. I have very thin, fine hair and gets very oily. I’d love to shampoo less, but I haven’t figured out how to make my hair last more than a day.

• Annabelle77~ I had a friend who only washed with conditioner. How do you like it? It sounds great. Do you wash the roots or just the ends?

• You know IKN I have the same problem! I can go without D.O. for the B.O. endlessly as long as I remain raw, but can’t go without ‘poo. I have tried most everything.

• beanybeeganbeanybeegan Raw Newbie

Usually on Sat. I rub my gums with tea tree oil. It will kill any germs that may be lurking around and heal any gums that may be bleeding. Yes, I know, those who eat raw shouldn’t have bleeding gums.

I have also been “no pooing”, but I noticed I must wash my hair twice a week instead of once a week.

• ungratefulungrateful Raw Newbie

No soap, no poo. Daily dry brushing, or failing that a good scrub with a dry washcloth.

If I really don’t have time, a wet brushing or washcloth scrubbing in the shower has to do. Hot and cold rinse.

I’m still using some Dessert Essence toothpaste but when it’s gone I will switch back to baking soda.

On my skin, coconut oil for the dry patches and ACV for the oily patches. Sometimes coconut oil on the ends of my hair if I feel like it.

Tea tree oil for scrapes and blemishes.

Essential oils (i have all kinds) for aromatherapy and just general smell nicery.

My skin was always really soft but now it’s amazing since quitting cosmetics.

As far as sunscreen, I avoid the sun, wear hats and sleeves and use it in emergencies only, as in, bum it off some mom in the park. lol.

I love the sun! Since raw I don’t sun burn and don’t have to use sunscreen. Of course, I only go out in moderation and try not to be out in the middle of the day.

If I’m going to be out for a long time I cover up:)

• Coconut oil, Olive oil, and Shea butter as moisturizers for my skin and hair. And although I already have a natural tan (I’m a black girl…can’t you see? lol!) when I drink a lot of carrot juice in the summertime, then spend time in the sun, it gives me a bronze hue with golden undertones …makes me look like I’m from the Bahamas. It’s much different from the tan I got when I was not drinking carrot juice. And I’ve also noticed people with fair skin that often drink carrot juice have a natural, healthy glow that’s almost like a tan and it’s pretty.

I also heard that the fatty acids in avocado will make your hair soft and shiney. I’m going to try putting some raw avocado puree in my hair one day as a conditioner.

• iknikn

It’s so interesting to read your beauty routines! gives me great ideas. Kendra – I need to try the carrot juice, though I hate to deal with the juicer, washing it, cleaning up etc. Also I feel I’m waisting a lot of nutrients with the pulp. Or maybe it’s just that I have a cheapy juicer? I’d love to have that glow…. =)

Harmonylia – I hear you…. I don’t think I could go for a couple of weeks without washing my hair, unless I would be on a deserted island and nobody would see me.

• Hi ikn! The following link has an article that talks about how the nutrients of any vegetable are locked within the cells of the vegetable and that the pulp has littl to no nutrients in it depending on how effective your juicer is:

http://www.hacres.com/publications/health_tip.a…

Then, you could of course use the pulp for recipes such as carrot cake.

• RawVoiceRawVoice Raw Newbie

I like to use Dr. Hauschka’s Neem oil once every couple weeks. I find it soothing to the scalp and it makes my hair feel really nice. http://www.drhauschka.com/holistic-products/det…

• iknikn

Thanks Kendra!

RawVoice, do you shampoo your hair, or you are only using the Neem oil?

I shampoo my hair once a week. When I use the neem oil, I put it on the night before and wash it out in the morning.

Winona, I tried your tooth soap idea this morning. I really liked it. I used a few drops of Dr. Bronner’s soap that I had previously mixed with some frankincense essentail oil in a couple TBs of purified water. I also added a couple drops of tea tree oil. It cleaned my teeth well and didn’t taste bad. A few months ago, I had tried undiluted Dr. Bronner’s soap, and the taste was so bad, I couldn’t use it, but your recipe is great.

• miss soufflemiss souffle Raw Newbie

i sometimes put mashed bananana in my hair as a mask. and myrrh essential oil is good for gums, i found that out today! google though for more info :)