Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

have you seen the high fructose corn syrup commercial?

msrawdivamsrawdiva Raw Newbie

can you believe they are selling it like “pork – the other white meat”...they say it’s natural and fine in moderation.

i saw the commercial on bravo during “project runway”

i swear it’s the armegeddon.

Comments

• msrawdivamsrawdiva Raw Newbie
  • MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

Yeah, the world is insane.

• yes, it is such mind numbing stuff. there is another thread on here about it, which might be why not many people responded to your post. :)

• carrie6292carrie6292 Raw Newbie

Yeah, i finally saw this last night, i think I was watching Style Network or ABC Family.. i just sat there with my mouth wide open because i had heard about it, but you don’t get the full affect until you actually SEE it! Amazing! I really thought it was a joke at first and then i remembered reading about it on here! Amazing!

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

if anything, the point is that sugar is just as bad as corn syrup. not that either of them is good.

oh…i see it now, littlegems….thanks for pointing that out. oh, well…but i don’t think it can be said enough.

have a great, hfcs-free day!

• DreaDrea Raw Master

Yeah, I just saw that. Crazy!

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

What a coincidence I just saw that yesterday on CNN!! “in moderation” lol that’s a good one.

• My mouth dropped when I saw that! Who are they trying to fool??

• thank god i don’t have a tv. notice they never actually list the claims against it, people just stare blankly. the red fruit punch- thats like pouring ADD into a cup. I think they clipped away just as that mom was passing out the ritilin, which is also “safe” when “used as recommended”.

• DreaDrea Raw Master

Unfortunately, in these days and times the tv is a truth box to the masses! I know allot of people that have the thought process, “It wasnt on the news, so it didnt happen”! Sad, but true! I’ts amazing to me that as a society, we trust, big corporations, government, FDA, etc. but we cant trust eachother! I look at it like this, the people that I can communicate with, that are going threw similar things in life is much more trust worthy than someone I can not see or talk to that obviously has no vested interest in my life.

• TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

Honestly, the way I feel is if someone is willing to shovel in sugar and syrup because they were told it’s “okay” in a damn commerical, then they deserve all the fat bellies, tooth rot, cancer and wall-climbing, screaming kids they get. Come on, we’ve been advertising sugar, candy, drugs and alcohol in this country for over 100 years. It’s not going to stop. People get what they ask for.

• DreaDrea Raw Master

I feel ya TomsMom! It’s coming to a point in this world that you either use your brain or you dont. And for those that dont, heartache, sickness and misery are destined! Sad…Very Sad

• Haha.

“Well it has high fructose corn syrup in it. You know what they say.”

“What do they say?”

Guy pauses, obviously flustered despite all the scientific evidence out there stating its horrible for you.

“That its made out of corn?”

HAHA! I love it. Probably not exact quotes but funny none the less.

i KNOW, jkd! it was like saying that if you are against hfcs, you are ignorant and at a loss for words. like, we can’t actually PROVE it’s bad – it’s made from CORN, duh!!!!!

it was very comical.

the only thing is that with more and more kids being left to their own devices, they eventually grow up and remember those commercials and think consuming hfcs is okay. so, whereas we wouldn’t normally worry about the adults of today falling for this mess, these children that see these commercials will grow up believing this mess.

one more thing – WHY am i drinking “corn”? why is corn in my popsicle? why is that normal?

can you think of what the “red drink” could be that is so OKAY to drink because it’s got corn in it?

gag me with a damn spoon.

• I think it’s hilarious that damn near EVERYTHING has high-fructose corn syrup in it.