Help!! I am not doing this right.

Hello, I am so relieved to have found this wonderful website and all of your incredible input and positive support while I am transitioning to a raw diet:)

I know there is no right or wrong way to go raw per se, but I am doing this transition all wrong.

I started out eating vegetables and nuts (I was trying to cut out all sugar as I am prone to a sugar addiction), but the more I started incorporating fun raw recipes using raw coconut oil, dates and raw cacao, the more I stopped incorporating the simple healthy fundamentals. I know that using my common sense I just need to re-incorporate vegetables but I am greatly struggling to do this and I am craving more and more of the raw super-food recipes using high fat and high sugar foods.

I am not struggling with weight, but I am struggling with my sugar intakes; Part of my reason for coming off of a cooked food diet was to reduce my addiction to cooked and processed foods (I have become allergic to most basic food staples including soy, apples, bananas, grapes, wheat, etc. .)and to bring back the pure basics of eating and gratitude.

Please, if someone has any ideas or input it would be greatly appreciated and thank you.

Comments

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

have you tried green smoothies? great way to get your greens and veggies at the same time.

find a fun salad dressing you like. put it on all your veggies.

• Start out light to begin the day, a soaked tea, a light fresh juice or something very very light and refreshing. Then add in a green smoothie, something you really enjoy, if you want to gag on it, then it’s no good. Always have a salad with your main meals, start with a small to medium one with lunch, then with dinner. We do the “everything but the kitchen sink” salads, where I throw whatever we have in there. They are tasty and filling. I also like to use a nice dip for my veggies, the dill sauce is fab not only for the pasta, but also to dip in. Try to plan your day in advance, always have enough water on hand and keep some fresh, sweet fruits on hand. My advice is always PLAN PLAN PLAN. Hope this helps.

• I agree with bitt. The more greens you get via smoothies or salads, the more your body will want them.

Also, just keep nice clean snacks on hand like celery, jicama (cut up like chips), baby bok choy, cucumbers, etc.

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

It sounds like you need to find fun and exciting recipes that don’t involve dates and cacao!

There are some really amazing recipes that have nothing whatsoever to do with those ingredients and they will still be all you think about every day.

Just try and do 2 or 3 new recipes a week, and you will find wonderful things that keep you satisfied. Try the recipes on my profile and on my husband chriscarlton profile. They are easy, cheap and delicious.

• Wow, thank you for the valuable feedback. I think the smoothie idea is such a great one and I was incredibly comforted by your words rawjulie that the more I eat my greens the more my body will adapt and ask for more.

And Zoe, you kinda nailed it when you said that I need to find recipes which do not involve dates and cacao. I am completely frightened of trying to even manage half the day without them but I am going to look through yours and your husbands recipes. Thank-you for this supportive suggestion.

Thanks again for your support everyone :)