First CSA Share - What Can I Make?

I like green smoothies but I am over them for now. I just picked up my first CSA share and received a small amount of the following:
  1. Swiss Chard
  2. Basil
  3. Green Peppers
  4. Asian Eggplant (it’s long and light purple)
  5. Some other kind of eggplant (it’s round and green)
  6. Okra

In addition to that, I have purple grapes, muscadine grapes, a few pears, a honeydew melon, plantains, shredded carrots, avacados, hemp milk, yellow onions, sunflower seeds, chia seeds, maca, cacao and almonds.

Can I actually make anything out of this?

Comments

• DreaDrea Raw Master

if u had any tomatoes, i would say a chilled veggie drink like the ones they sell in the stores. You could make an indian pudding with hemp milk (cardamom, cinnamon, vanilla) & chia seeds I’m gonna keep thinkn LOL!

• wow. you have good stuff. harmonylia hit on a bunch of great ideas. you could also make a soup base with your hemp milk, water, avo’s and then julienne a bunch of your stuff and throw it in a bowl with the soup base with a sprinkle of salt or a bit of miso. or make a raw pad thai with your csa stuff and a simple sweet and sour dressing. use your grapes for sorbet or just chill them well and eat plain. process your sunflower seeds and almonds with sweetener to make a “crust” and sprinkle over some of your sliced pears for a yummy raw crumble.

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

HARMONYLIA Thanks. I had hoped not to have to buy anything else but that just isn’t the way it works. That swiss chard and apple salad sounds wonderful as done the caponata. I think I will try them both.

The swiss chard salad reminds me of Todd’s Waldorf Supreme, which is a recipe I learned about on YouTube and it is really great. It has avocado, tomatoes, and apples in it with a hit of cayenne pepper. It is really addictive and you might want to try it. Plus, it is really easy to make. Thanks again.

MAMA MILK That pear crumble sounds like a real idea. I have never made a raw soup. One thing I forgot to add from my CSA pickup was a pumpkin, which I left in the car so I didn’t think to add it to the list. I found a GR recipe for Pumpkin Curry Soup and I thought I might try that.

How long will a pumpkin keep before I have to cut it up? I want to dehydrate the seeds but might want to hold off in time to use the shell for Halloween if it will last that long.

• The pumpkin should last, just keep it dry and unblemished :)