Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Raw bacon doesn't cut it

It’s too slimy, and hard to chew. It’s almost like gum. Beggin’ strips doesn’t do it either. I think the closest thing out there to the smoky goodness of bacon is an avocado.

Comments

• Have you tried sun dried tomatoes?

• Not so much in recipes, but just straight from the bag. Great snack!

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

Are you talking about the eggplant bacon or real meat bacon? If it is the eggplant bacon and it is too chewy than you made it too thick. It has to be really thin to turn out crispy.

• I had this same problem on Sunday, major disappointment, couldn’t masticate it properly for the life of me. I guess I made it too thick, queenfluff is the queen of raw secrets in the kitchen. Next time, I’m marinating mine longer and slicing it thinner…

• Slosh-uhSlosh-uh Raw Newbie

Thats funny, NoBones, I actually prefer Beggin Strips to bacon.

• i thought beggin’ strips were a dog treat… am i wrong?

• dodododo Raw Newbie

you arent wrong rawperasinger, i wouldnt take this guy seriously, but i hope his poor doggy isnt being force fed the aubergine bacon while he scoffs the begging strips. (sorry slosh, put the wrong nane earlier)

• Slosh-uhSlosh-uh Raw Newbie

I used to eat dog treats at my job sometimes. No joke.

• What about sundried bacon? I’m from canada, and that’s just the way we lol.

• I don’t know the numbers, but there is a large portion of animal food consumed by humans. Those beggin strips don’t much taste like bacon though.

• One reason I became veggie was because the food laws here in the UK are stricter for our pets than they are for us people. That still confuses me. No turning back now though.Gotta go nature calls. :-0

• Hi folks!

I figure this is as good a place as any to post my first thread. I’m a part time rawer, full time pet fanatic, who’s been transitioning my furrys to a raw diet. My cat Akex was reluctant at first, but is now enjoying the raw offerings. I just don’t trust that commercially available stuff.

Anyway, if you have any questions, let me know. I got a lot of reading to do here, so I’m off to see more posts!