Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

I got 3rd place!!!!

nycgrrlnycgrrl Raw Newbie

Oh my gosh, i don’t know if anyone remembers, but about a month ago I ran in my first race in ages, just a 5k race, but I ran it super fast and attributed it to my raw food diet, mostly 811, but not 100% 811. and guess what! I got a letter in the mail saying I got 3rd place in my age group! There were over 1000 participants, although I couldn’t guess as to how many were in the 35-39 range, but still! I ran it in my fastest time ever of 26:05 and I was thrilled, but never imagined I’d actually place! I’ve never ever been a fast runner at ALL. Yay raw!!!

Comments

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

CONGRATULATIONS!

• wow, congratulations! :)

• waterbaby12347waterbaby12347 Raw Newbie

Congratulations, I am so proud of you!!!

When I was in your age group, I ran 5 miles 3 times a week in my neighborhood, but I was a slow runner and it never crossed my mind to run in a marathon… But then that was back in the dark ages when the only marathon I was aware of was in YOUR town… Great job and I hope you continue to run as I gave it up and feel my body would have benefited had I continued… I relish in your joy!!!

Keep on keeping on!!!

• wtg grrl!

• RawbogeyRawbogey Raw Newbie

hey Nichole, what’s that symbol in your avatar?

• nycgrrlnycgrrl Raw Newbie

thanks everyone!!! I had been easing up on running, doing some elliptical and what not to spare my hips, but today I am inspired to go for a 5 mile run when hubby gets home from work (I have 2 young boys so it’s hard for me to find the time to run). I am also signing up for an upcoming 5 mile race and maybe even a 10K :)

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

good for you! and thanks for inspiring me to run too. it’s been a blast!

• nycgrrlnycgrrl Raw Newbie

you’re welcome bitt-I love your new avatar! you’re so pretty!!

• congratulations! you are so inspiring :)

• nycgrrl—-CONGRATS…Your time was fantastic!

I know what you mean…Since raw food I am in the best shape at 47! I used to rely on supplements for performance but NO longer! Cardio and lifting has been phenomenal. This diet truly rocks!!! Best of luck on your future endeavors!!!

HTH Marla :)

• Fantastic!!!!! Congratulations!!!