as winter approaches here in nyc.....

nycgrrlnycgrrl Raw Newbie

this will be my first winter raw, and I wonder if some of you eat some steamed veggies during the winter or if you stay raw the whole time. I am not totally averse to eating cooked veggies if my body requests them, but can’t do the grains, tofu thing at all-but miso soup with veggies might be okay.

Wonder if others eat a bit of cooked or steamed foods as winter approaches, or not? Thanks!

Comments

• Hi nycgrll,

This will be my first winter 100% raw. I just planned on staying raw through the winter and covering up under a thick blanket to warm up. I loved steamed veggies in the winter, so it may be challenging. I may give in to temptation. But If I do…no biggie. I wont beat myself up over it. Life is too short.

• I was wondering this myself, I have been craving tomato soup and it will need to be warm!

• Just be careful not to eat a 1000 pounds of nuts.

• hahaha ardesmond2- I love nuts! I don’t snack on them anymore but find a lot of the recipes I use usually do call for them, like my fave, raw sour cream!

• nycgrrlnycgrrl Raw Newbie

ardesmond-nah, i am going to try and stick to 811 pretty much-not exactly, but close!

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

I made the decision to go raw in the dead of winter last year, after juice and water fasting through the first part of it, so I feel pretty prepared to stay 100% this upcoming winter. I probably will start eating A LOT more greens and less fruit (as that’s what I did last year – spiced with cayenne).

The real challenge will be sticking to 811…we’ll see how it goes!

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

not sure what i’m going to do. i started raw in april and it was pretty cold then. i hope staying mostly raw would combat seasonal affective disorder which i tend to get. but i am considering cooked soups with only veggies (no beans or grains).