Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

stomach

Hi I have a sesitive stomach and I take a lot of time in digesting food. My doctor told me raw vegetables are difficyult to digest. Is it better to blend and stick to green smoothies then?

Comments

• I too have stomach issues so I don’t eat raw veggies. I juice my greens and blend them with bananas usually.

• THX, because I really get nausea and headaches. My doctor said my stomach has difficulties digesting raw veggies. But blending is helpful to you? A nice way too of getting enough greens. The bananas are necessary? And how about dehydrating did anyone try if it helps?

• chicorychicory Raw Newbie

my stomach always had issues, even on a healthful whole foods diet, before raw. I mean, bloating distended stomach and cramping diarrhea! Never thought in a million years I could eat raw veggies without having rice or some other starch first. However, I have have few and far between problems since going mostly raw. I tend to go turn things like kale, collards, and other tough greens into smoothies, and only eat apples alone. I find that i actually handle things better raw, like spinach and tomatoes, but if they or cooked and combined with olive oil and garlic, that’s where the problems start. The smoothies are the best way to ease your stomach into the transition though

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

well at first it is going to be a little harsh on your tummy. you may prefer to ease into raw. you could blend or juice. now after 5 months raw I do fine on raw veggies, even raw cabbage and kale.

interestingly, i do better with certain veggies raw than cooked. i think it’s because the enzymes are still there.

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

you can make pate, cheese, soups, ‘stews’, any recipe that ‘chews’ up your food for you in the food processor or blended. So that means just about any raw recipe! But I guess you need to ease into salads and take your time with those as they’f be harder for your stomach to digest because they have not been pre-’chewed’.

• CalebCaleb Raw Newbie

Bananas are very strong, so they will overpower the taste of the greens. I make spinach smoothies a lot now. Just throw a bunch of it in the blender with some ice, water (or raw milk of your choice) and a banana and blend. Several variations exist on this site too.