Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

You know you're a raw foodist when...

My favorite blogger just went raw a couple months ago…

Thought some of you might get a kick out of his latest post:

http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/2008/09/you-kn…

Comments

• that’s cute, thanks for sharing it. :)

• troublesjustabubbletroublesjustabubble Raw Newbie

hahahahahahaha! that’s so funny. I love how raw foodists relate

• iknikn

That’s too funny!!! “No reading material in bathroom” I love that one!!

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

That is HILARIOUS! Something in my kitchen IS always underwater ;) The breatharian thing was too funny – thanks for sharing this :)

• “… you qualify potential dating partners based on their level of toxicity.” HAHAHAHAHA. SO TRUE! That made my day :)

• evergreenevergreen Raw Master

the grocery checker has to look up the codes for half of your items; the other half she must ask you to identify. the checker at walmart thought my thai coconuts were candles! i knew i was a raw foodist when i had to buy a secondary refrigerator so i could have enough food for the week!

• waterbaby12347waterbaby12347 Raw Newbie

evergreen~ Where are you located that has a Walmart with Thai coconuts???

Rawjulie~ Thanks for posting, so nice to enjoy laughter even if it is my own… GRIN

• evergreenevergreen Raw Master

hi waterbaby:)....i live in upstate new york…here is the sku# for the coconuts 003784204145 F they are Frieda’s brand for $1.98 if you are interested:)

i know there are alot of walmart haters out there , but i don’t have alot of options where i am:(...eating locally would mean venison with a side of pinecones!

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

That was so funny. I must definitely be a raw foodist because I could identify with most of those.

• That made me bust a rib. lol. I’d like to extrapolate on the grocery store one as a raw foodist who used to work as a cashier: you find yourself shooting out produce codes before the cashier has a chance to look them up; it saves time:)But you should see the number of wierd looks I get as they look it up ANYWAY!

• I’m new to raw… what produce keeps well in the oven? I’m reading to get tips!

• How funny! I could relate to most of those before I even went raw. I wondered what produce would be happy in an oven, too, though… I guess anything that doesn’t need to be refrigerated would be OK for a very short period of time… Hmm.

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

my favorite: “you refer to the Food Network as the Horror Channel”... so true, i used to watch it all the time, now i think “ew, why would you blanch broccoli…” or, “omg, people still eat chicken???”

aprilsmiles—i am guessing that was a joke since we now have no use for our ovens… but i believe you can start sprouts in them, and probably place any fruits that need to ripen (though i’ve never tried it… avos, bananas, maybe?). you could definitely keep spices and herbs in there.

• I am so glad you posted that, it truly made my day! Loooove it!

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

“… your diet is a combination of the diets of bonobos, cows, and plankton.”

We were talking about “eating like a horse” and other animals the other day with my 4th graders. I said “I eat like a chimp.” And meant it! They looked at my lunch and were like…wait, all you eat are greens and fruit!

• Blue_EyesBlue_Eyes Raw Master

That was so funny, and YES there is something in my kitchen under water. LOL

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

APRIL SMILES – The only time I use my oven is when I need a quick place to hide my dirty dishes.

• Yes, this list rings so true for me… there’s always something underwater in my kitchen, and it never crosses my mind to visit “the other side” of the grocery store anymore

• Here’s another list with tons more! plus you can easily add your own reasons to it.

You know you’re a raw foodist when…

• beanybeeganbeanybeegan Raw Newbie

Speaking of ovens I have my 5 shelf Excalibur in my oven. Just slid it out on the last shelf and I can get to the settings…..This was one of those rolling on floor laughs. Good time for right now. Thanks

• beanybeeganbeanybeegan Raw Newbie

people stare at your shopping cart. Than a quick backward look.

• clr-1976clr-1976 Raw Newbie

Brilliant! The 2nd one’s great too!

I started to copy and paste like some others had done, But then there were too many..!

I do get this all the time though,

“At first, people are interested in hearing about your lifestyle but after you talk for a minute or two, their eyes glaze over.”

Either that or sad little ‘knowing’ poor you and your crazy eating habits, you’ll be normal one day looks!! Ha ha, love it

• dodododo Raw Newbie

oh that was brilliant heheheh, thatll keep me chuckling all day, and i realise i now need to buy functional bamboo kitchen utensils! (can i use my bamboo from my garden)

namaste spider heheheheh

• ajchanterajchanter Raw Newbie

Haha, thanks for that!! :D

• springleafspringleaf Raw Newbie

I dont have any bamboo utensils but I do have a wooden fork, does that count?

• Right on. That is HILARIOUS…

• … you gladly offer to “help out” any friends with fertility problems; they decline because they just want one baby, not a litter.

ROFL.

• haha thanks julie i loved it, thank you

• thanks dreamy

• i don`t mean to brag but raw diet is a cure to cancer and most “incurable” diseases