Flu-like Symptoms =[

Yesterday afternoon, I started getting headcold symptoms and a sore throat. I took some colloidal silver, goldenseal, drank some tea with echinacea in it, and made a veggie broth, but today I feel worse. To add onto the other symptoms, my whole body is sore and even though I have hunger pains, if I try to eat something, I feel nauseous. =[

What are some good foods or remedies for health? I’m having a really hard time here.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• troublesjustabubbletroublesjustabubble Raw Newbie

I just got over a bad cold and one thing that soothed me was hot water with lemon juice and honey in it. If you’re vegan and don’t use honey then I’d probably just do the cold water with lemon juice and cayenne pepper. My sister swears by it:) I this helps! Get better!

• Thanks! I’m really sensitive to spicy things; could I just subsitute the honey with agave?

• Here is another thread started by “troublesjustabubble” that you might want to check out…

http://goneraw.com/forums/3/topics/7964

Hope you feel well soon!:)

• jellibijellibi Raw Newbie

Oh no, Gear Shifter! It’s that time of year again. Hmmm, well, I can share some home remedies that I do. If it has just started, you can take a thin slice of lemon and put it in your sock (under the arch of your foot) I think this works by drawing the concentration of the illness in your head downwards and out your feet. If your chest is bothering you, like maybe if you have a cough, you can heat up some beeswax in a pan, pour it onto a piece of wax paper, and while it is still warm and pliable peel it off and put it on your chest. The warmth is so nice.

My ultimate cold/flu remedy is to keep myself warm. The best way to do this is with a hot water bottle. You can put one at your feet and on your abdomen as you lay down. Then have someone wrap you tightly in a wool blanket. The warmth will be very healing and as you lay there you can meditate on your aura (if you believe in this- but it may be too woo woo for you, haha) anyway, notice how your aura expands out from your body when you have a fever. When you concentrate on it, this is actually a nice feeling. I think (just a personal observation) that maybe why our bodies allow colds and flu viruses during this time of year is so that our bodies can work on generating heat again (as provoked by fever) since our ability to get heat from the sun is diminishing. The key is to balance the heat across your whole body and not to have it all just be in your head, which can make you feel not well at all.

Eating flowers and fruits also will bring the sun-warmth energy to you. And just focusing on your breathing and being in the moment will do wonders for your immunity right now.

Hope you are feeling better soon!!

• troublesjustabubbletroublesjustabubble Raw Newbie

Thanks simplyraw.

gearshifter-I’m sure agave would work but the reason I use honey is because it has soothing attributes and I’m not sure if agave does. I try to stay vegan but honey is my guilty pleasure:)

• Jellibi – you have such a wonderful perspective on nature and the world! Your spirit just emits peace and love onto this site. Such a generous individual! Thank You!

I do understand and believe in the auras of our spirits and the energies within our bodies you speak of… I will definitely keep your home remedies in mind. Thanks for Sharing!!

• Wow, jellibi, that all sounds very cool. I will try it for sure. I’ve been able to eat two small nectarines since I woke up this morning, but now my stomach is hurting, almost like cramps or something. Would the hot water bottle help with that?

• Yes, Gear Shifter…

troublesjustabubble is right.

Even though I am very concerned with the current population of bees. Honey has many healing attributes… that you will not find in agave. In reference to the cayenne…it helps remove/eliminate toxins from your body.

Just a note…on the flip side of things, maybe I should mention…agave is not helping the bat population either.

Oh, thanks simplyraw. Most of it is things I’ve learned from Waldorf training, actually :)

GearShifter, mmmhmmm, the water bottle should definitely help your tummy. I’ve heard that cramps, esp. menstrual cramps, come from not enough heat in the body. Just don’t make it too hot and maybe put a piece of flannel in between your tummy and the hot water bottle (I made a little cozy for mine out of an old wool sweater)

Oh yes, troubles reminded me too that some of the remedies I suggested weren’t vegan (wool, beeswax). Hope I didn’t offend anyone.

• It’s alright, I am not easily offended. =]

• simplyraw, that is something I didn’t know. I think maybe I should do my homework more often. Thanks for the info!