Ok, so I bought the China Study yesterday, and I haven’t yet perused much except the graphs showing the correlations between animal proteins and cancers. It’s pretty interesting, but here’s my question:
I am a 99% raw vegetarian. (The other 1% is occasional coffee or glass of wine) ALL of my food is raw, but I am not vegan, as I do enjoy raw, unfiltered honey and raw, unpasteurized milk and cheese.
I wonder if these things contribute a large percentage of my dietary protein. I have a tablespoon or less of honey per day on average, and probably an ounce or two of cheese a day on average. I rarely drink milk, but sometimes in a smoothie.
I’m concerned that I might be hurting myself quite a bit, but I don’t feel any negative effects. I really enjoy having cheese on a salad and honey in my tea.
If I switched to vegan cheese, it wouldn’t be raw. What’s a girl to do?