Thinning hair

CalebCaleb Raw Newbie

Okay, I know there is a huge long post about the no-poo thing but going through a few pages I didn’t see anything on thinning hair (on males).

My hair had been slowly thinning before going raw, but recently it has speed up. I have started taking a b-complex and b-12 supplement, but is there anything else I should be doing?

What about an organic shampoo? The current one I have has laural sulfates in it and I hear that is really bad.

Help would be appreciated. I find SOOO much stuff on this over the internet but half of it is crap put out by hair growth product people. I don’t know what to believe.

Comments

• Hello there Caleb. I don’t know if I can help a lot but I’ve been using a raw vegan shampoo range called Morocco Method and it’s wonderful! They do a lot of things around thinning hair for both men and women. They’re pricey, but I’ve found that they’re worth it. They have really helped with scalp psoriasis for me when nothing else did. Plus they’re ethical which is a nice change! Just google them and they’ll pop up. Hope this helps…

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Here’s my response about hair loss.

Basically… eat flax and try green smoothies (with tons of water because I find the high fiber makes them constipating) or green juicing.

Victoria Boutenko mentioned she uses a flax shampoo. I haven’t tried that; I found flax oil was good enough. Someone sells it online, but I can’t remember the website.

Hope that helps.

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

The b-complex sounds good – B5, B6 & inositol are all related to preventing hair loss. There are other nutrient deficiencies relating to hair loss/thinning, too. Here is a list with raw food sources of each:

selenium: Brazil nuts

silicon: flaxseed

chlorine (yes, it’s a needed mineral – just get it naturally occurring in food rather than in tap water): avocado, kale, kelp

Linolenic & linolic acids: oils, avocado, almonds, sunflower seeds, walnuts

vitamin E: nuts, oils, dark leafy greens

• CalebCaleb Raw Newbie

I seem to be ok on those other thigs except maybethe Brazillian nuts. I coiuld possibly use more oils too. Hopeflly it’s just a vitamin b issue or protein. I am becoming more conscience of those though

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

Cool – it sounds like you’re really conscious of your health. Good luck to you. :)

• my hair is much better since I added a filter to my shower. The chlorinated water kills your hair folicles. My hair is much softer too.