Sprouted Seed Question

CalebCaleb Raw Newbie

I was just looking at the SproutPeople website and they say the shelf life of the sprouted seeds is one to two weeks properly stored in a fridge. How accurate is that. I think I have been keeping mine longer. Doe they lose their nutrients after that time period? I always thought sprouted seeds pretty much lasted forever properly stored.

Comments

• Hi Caleb -

The seed will last indefinitely properly stored, and I just keep mine in jars in the pantry. Once it’s actually sprouted, it’s more like one or two weeks. The SproutPeople are great – I order from them.

• CalebCaleb Raw Newbie

Yeah, I was referring to once it is sprouted? What changes about them after the 1-2 weeks, how do you tell if they have gone had? Mine have always tasted fine beyond that, but I don’t think I have gone past three weeks.

• Oh, I see what you mean. I basically go by smell & texture – if they smell okay, & they’re not slimy,they’re still alive & growing, and they’re fine. I also find that the green ethylene-absorbing bags really do make a huge difference in how long produce of all kinds keeps. I use them for greens & sprouts. Hope this helps!