Postpardum depression

TzefiraTzefira Raw Newbie

i think i may be dealing with a lil, tiny itybity bit of it. any suggestions out there to help me out?

Btw …. im really craving chicken :(

Comments

• mjmackeymjmackey Raw Newbie

Try foods high in Omega 3 fatty acids. They say they help with depression.

• FeeFee Raw Master

I was watching my copy of Food Matters today for the first time and they mentioned Niacin which is vitamin B3 for depression. I dint managed to watch all of it, after a 13 and a half day at work yesterday and back in at 7.30 this morning I was shattered and dozed off!! Ill try again another day.

Let your close family and friends know so they can support you as much through this. I had a episode of depression and it helps to have support from others. Big Hugs.

• TzefiraTzefira Raw Newbie

thank u. i read somewhere it’s a b vitamin thing. so many i should take a b12. i ate a high raw fat diat while prego and i decreased my fat by over 1/2 after birth, so many i should up those again. thanx

• Just saw a David Wolfe presentation a few days ago and he stated that a deficiency in long chain essential fatty acids is THE cause of PPD. He went on to say that hemp oil is the best source for these. Flax (a common vegan EFA source) is mostly medium chain. Hey, it’s something we could all benefit from in our diets so even if it’s not the “cause” of PPD, it’s going to have other good effects :)

Congrats on the new baby, and best of luck with your health and well being!