Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Dinosaur Dance

2»

Comments

• ajchanterajchanter Raw Newbie

yay! thank you so much guys! I feel honoured!!! blush

:D

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

Though you guys might enjoy this article”

Scientists Discover ‘Dinosaur Dance Floor’ In Utah.

• SueSue Raw Newbie

ok, I’m with you guy’s (and gals) on this one.I would add more but enough positive stuff has been said so it would be redundant of me.

• Annabelle77Annabelle77 Raw Newbie

When I was a freshman in college, there was a kid in my dorm who was a “bible thumper” and who belonged to a very pushy campus bible group. One night we got to talking in the lounge, and it soon elevated into an intense debate. We argued for hours, late into the night, and ended up with quite an audience.

He was trying to tell me that the whole purpose of my schooling (anthropology/geology) was a lie. He said that “obviously the devil put the fossils in the ground to sway people like me away from the truth”.

I asked him about dinosaurs, and he said that IF they existed at all, that because the earth is only 6,000 odd years old, humans and dinosaurs MUST have coexisted. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice

Over the past decade, I have realized that who you are as a person—your identity, your happiness, your peace—has little if nothing to do with what others think of you. WHO YOU ARE has EVERYTHING to do with how you THINK and treat other “earthlings” (people, plants, animals).

I have experimented, and I have found it to be true. The less I judge people in my mind, the less I harm animals (i.e. becoming vegan), the more I care about the earth, THE HAPPIER I AM!

A lot of my friends have asked me “isn’t it hard to always be that nice? to always be randomly caring?” The amazing thing is that not only is it not difficult, if I don’t do so I AM THE ONE WHO SUFFERS.

everyone is on their own path—I am very thankful that I figured out how to be whole, healthy, and happy—by being good to everything. It is NOT hard. It is so easy. And, it is easy because the rewards are instantaneous and infinitely meaningful.

to make a long story longer… Dodo, I am in too!

• dodododo Raw Newbie

hehe thats so cool meditating, id love to go for a stroll in those lovely big footsteps and imagion what it was like, thank you for the link, it made my day

sue welcome welcome, you feel free to add anything at anypoint that is on your mind, there can never be an overkill of kindness or positivity, it all just makes the good stronger and we all have such wonderfull varied ideas that even if one idea was repeated a million times it would still be as wonderfull as the first time.

Annabelle, i wish id seen that debate, good on you girl, a lot of people wont take on these sort of debates as a lot of the “religiously inflicted” dont tend to want to hear any options, the fact that they are told they have to follow blind faith means to them that listening to logic would be being disloyal to their god (thats why altho anyone from any religion is welcome at the dinosaur club they are requested not to talk about their religious beliefs as it would stand in the way of unity and progression). you have a beautiful understanding of how simple it is to make a difference, it really is that easy, every harm you do you do to yourself most, they accumulate, you become dead inside, but every good you do you do to yourself too, and that also accumulates, and makes you live inside, its like double coupon day EVERY day. Annabelle, you, your wisdom, and your kindness, are very welcome

• Annabelle77Annabelle77 Raw Newbie

Yay! happy happy!

• ungratefulungrateful Raw Newbie

What do I have to do? Believe facts over fairy tales? I think I’m in.

Annabelle, you are right. The less I harm the earth, the better I feel.

• dodododo Raw Newbie

ungrateful, what you have to do is care, thats all. the main aim is to do some good, from the simplest thing to the hugest, if the most an individual person can manage is a smile, a warm word, etc then that is already a beautiful gift to the world. A majority of the members arent religious, and the ones that are know we dont discuss religion here as it gets in the way of progress big time.

The aim of the group is to expand all over the world so we can provide a network of worldwide love and assistance, giving a little of what we can to our neighbours in our area (from clicking on free donation websites that takes no time, to helping an elderly neighbour just out of hospital, that sort of thing)

The less you harm the earth the better you feel, and I bet that every step you go to go one further, to actually heal the damamage already done, makes you feel even better. giving with your heart is the most rewarding thing we can do for ourselves too.

Dinosaur dance is in its baby stages, i am working on a website and once we are more organised we can start to spread our network of love, keep your eyes on this space…:P

so ungrateful, you are extrememly welcome :)