Beard, Shampoo or Soap?

ras-saadonras-saadon Raw Newbie

Theres a question I’ve long been struggling with, I have a beard and mustache, and was wondering what would be best to wash em with, a shampoo or a soap? if it mattes both are rather soft as I almost never shaved.

Jah Bless, Ras Saadon.

Comments

• Your soo cute.:) Which one do u have the best results with? Maybe you could go online & make your own signature shampoo/soap.(Your own special blend..) Now that would be really nice.:) Have fun on your new adventure!

• troublesjustabubbletroublesjustabubble Raw Newbie

haha this is a funny thread.

My husband has a beard at the moment(he’s got really fast growing, thick facial hair and shaves it every couple weeks and lets it grow to a big beard and shaves again) and he just uses his face wash which is a very neutral no suds type soap and follows it with an oil moisturizer

I suggest using coconut oil. It would make it all moisturized and yet it’s such a lightweight oil it would cleanse very well! My hubs gets a little frizzy if he uses soap. haha

• waterbaby12347waterbaby12347 Raw Newbie

Why wouldn’t you do the NO POO thing… Wash with a baking soda solution rinse and re-rinse with ACV followed up like troublesjustabubble stated with the coconut oil… Using plain water every other day if you want but to continue the coconut oil… Or just coconut oil… Here’s to smooth non-toxic kisses!!!

• hehehehe.. =)

• My husband uses baking soda (mixed into a paste) on his beard and head (followed with apple cider vinegar mixed with water). He has no problems with this combo. Eventually he will be at the point where he will just use water.

• ras-saadonras-saadon Raw Newbie

BoyanaGaya, to be honest tried both and didn’t feel any difference, where can I find such a website?

troublesjustabubble, how would I use coconut oil? just let it melt and rub it in my beard? do I need to wash it after ?

waterbaby12347, what does the baking sode&ACV does?

Thanks for the advices everyone :).

• CalebCaleb Raw Newbie

You wash your beard? Strange! ;) I never do, but it’s not super long either.

• ras-saadonras-saadon Raw Newbie

Mine isn’t that long either its all curled up inside itself so its very thick, if I don’t wash it I get dandruff in my chin and it also looks much better after I wash it, get puffed and gets this strong shiny black color :).

• troublesjustabubbletroublesjustabubble Raw Newbie

ras-saadon-rub in the coconut oil really well and then rinse it out with hot water(preferably when you’re in the shower). Then dry it vigorously and you’ll be left with a healthy looking delicious smelling soft beard:)