NUTS

WHY EVERYBODY IS TRYING TO STAY AWAY FROM THE NUTS? WHAT IS WRONG WITH THEM? I REALLY WANT TO KNOW! I LOVE NUTS SO MUCH!!! THANK YOU!

Comments

• troublesjustabubbletroublesjustabubble Raw Newbie

I just don’t care for them but I think the general consensus is that they aren’t really raw(there are laws requiring them to be pasturized) and they’re a bit rich.

So if you’re enjoying them go ahead! Keep munching! But if you’re wanting to be higher raw try sprouting them. If they don’t sprout then they aren’t raw.

• dzdz

I’m good for now! Thanks troublesjustabubble:)

• dzdz

what about these www.realrawfood.com

• 1sweetpea1sweetpea Raw Newbie

If you’re unsure, why not give them a call and ask, nut type by nut type, whether they are truly raw (never heated above 118 degrees, be it in the shell or out)? I’m pretty sure that site is reliable. It’s been recommended by others as a good source for raw nuts, but to be sure, one phone call to them should settle any questions you have.

I love raw nuts! I am trying very hard not to overindulge, but they are what I reach for when the fruit and veg just aren’t cutting it for me at that moment. I figure it’s a lot better to eat a handful of nuts, seeds and raw raisins than eat some packaged junk food. They’re packed with nutrition, along with all that fat. However, as troublesjustabubble:) pointed out, you can soak and sprout them, which will lessen the fat content a little, make them easier to digest and help up your level of rawness, if that matters to you.