food combining?????

reading i came upon food combining. what is it, i guess i mean how do you combine raw food(if you do)? i thought it is all good as long as i eat just raw or most of the raw food.

Comments

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

if you are still in early stages of raw, i would recommend not worrying about food combining. too many new rules…

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

p.s. i don’t even do food combining NOW (1.5 years later)...

• shawnieshawnie Raw Newbie

I think the best rule is to try and keep fruit and vegetables seperate during meals. Fats and greens go well together. Never drink while eating, drink 1/2 hour before meals, and wait at least 1 hour after to drink. If you’re thirsty while eating, it means you don’t drink enough water and aren’t chewing until it’s liquid. Remember your stomach doesn’t have teeth :)

Follow you instinct from there. I’m also starting to learn about food combining.

• steviostevio Raw Newbie

I don’t know much about food combining, but it has been recommended to me that food combining rules go out the window when blending. So blend more. Makes everything easier to digest, and then there are no worries about combining.

• I have looked into this and found out that it is very personal and based on how you feel upon experimentation. However, the big rules I stick to are what valeria says about keeping fruit and vegetables separate. If you eat fruit, wait 30 mins before eating veggies. If you eat veggies, wait 2-3 hours before eating fruit again. I think of nuts and dried fruit as being neutral and okay to eat in moderation anytime. The order of a typical day for me of good combining should start off with raw fruits for the morning and for snacks (or blended fruits with greens, in which case greens are ok to combine with fruits), then raw veggies, then if I chose to eat something cooked I save that for dinner. Again, it’s all in how you feel, but I have noticed significant differences (ie: no bloating, fatigue, gas, and stomach irritation) when I combine better. Hope this helps