Whipped Cream

I need something as close to the taste and texture of whipped cream for pies (cream or berry pies). I know that it won’t be the same, but I’ll settle for something close. Any suggestions anyone? Thank You

Comments

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

I make incredible whipped cream by grinding truly raw soaked cashews with agave nectar and some soy lecithin (optional) in a blender until completely smooth. You need to blend it a long time to get the whipped cream consistency. It should be warm but don’t let it get too hot. Put it in the freezer for a half hour or the fridge overnight to chill.

• RawKidChef is your whipped cream white? I have made a couple of recipes with cashews that taste really good but don’t have that beautiful white white color? I don’t know what causes that but it makes me miss CoolWhip just a little bit. LOL

• FruginiFrugini Raw Newbie

coconut oil makes a thick, truly white frosting that doesn’t get runny.

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

I use this recipe:

http://www.living-foods.com/recipes/whippedcrea…

I swear it tastes like cool whip – but the vanilla isn’t optional in my opinion. Make sure you add it.

• Thank you all for your great suggestions. I’m anxious to try them as toppings on some desserts or puddings.

• rawlizardrawlizard Raw Newbie

No-nut whipped cream:

One cup of coconut milk - 2 medjol dates (soaked) - 1/4 cup of pinaple, in chunks - vanilla to taste

Peel the dates with your fingers. Put everything in the blender until soft. If not using pinapple, add more dates to taste. You can also add some agave if you like it more sweet. Makes a great whipped cream but it is not white though. :)

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

Yes, the whipped cream is really white. If you add the lecithin it will be slightly golden yellow, like the color of vanilla ice cream, but it’s totally optional. Gosh, that cool whip is so darn good. It’s better than whipped cream and I’m working on that consistency.