enlightenment can be tough sometimes...

Ahhhhhhhhh!! I am the only raw person I know. And I am becoming more and more anti social and more and more unimpressed with my present friends.... enlightenment can be tough sometimes...

My boyfriend is an anorexic alcoholic, chain smoker.. but at least hes vegetarian. right? hahha....

Anyways. Thats another story......

So I suddenly got really sick today, extremely tired, guts hurt, lower back hurt, nausea and so on... SO I passed out for a few hours... And then awoke to a horrid stomach ache, and instantly ran to the toilet. I assume you know what happened next.... It didnt come from my mouth.

I am thinking that perhaps I am just fighting off a flu, or perhaps I am lacking some enzymes and/or probiotics. I have been thinking about my digestive track alot, thinking its needing some help.. I donno why. I have been eyeing up oats for a while, not knowing why, so I ate some oatmeal with cinnamon tonight... Bad bad.. I know. But i have nearly zero dollars, and a very misunderstand family... So I had to make some sacrifices.

Another thing, is that my eating patterns are not good. I do have a big smoothie for breakfast, with hemp protein, and fruit and sprouts and what have you, then snack all day, until night when I eat a crap load. I also sleep about 5-8 hours a night. Not very much. cause I stay up till the wee hours of the night....... (I weigh 140 and im 5"8 if thats any help)

Anyways. I do not take multi vitamins and never have.. Nore do I take raw suppliments... of which I think I should... But I think I just need some insight from others before I go trotting off to the store with no idea as to what im blowing my hard earned money on....

Help? Anyone?

Comments

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

I think it might help your social life a bit if you eased up on thinking you were "enlightened" and instead understood that YOU make a choice, others make a choice, and it doesn't have to be the same. (Yes, when veganism is being discussed as opposed to just raw, other people's choices affect living beings, but we can't force anyone to care enough to not buy meat, dairy, eggs, leather, animal-tested products, etc.). You don't have to see yourself as "different." You can just see yourself as you, on YOUR path, and if others aren't the same, so be it. If you love yourself, none of what other people do matters to your own self-love.

As far as food and eating, I think we need more info, if you can.

• SuasoriaSuasoria Raw Newbie

I find Superfood2's post to be very sensible.

Recently I've been considering that there are many values or opinions we hold, like politics or religion, that might disconnect us from other people. I'm challenging myself to understand that those connections to people are real, but those values themselves are not real. Those values and opinions are just your own B.S. (Belief System, I mean.)

Alongside this, I'm considering which parts of my B.S. I'll allow to create DISconnections between myself and others, and which I won't. Smoking is not a biggie for me. I really don't care if people smoke, it's their business. But I struggle constantly with how I feel about people who eat animals, because according to my B.S., killing animals causes great suffering to the world (and me too). I have closer, more fulfilling relationships with people who share this particular B.S. with me, but I certainly can't disconnect from my mother or brother or in-laws because they eat animals, knaameen?

I'm not sure if anyone but me understands that, but there you go.

And on eating in general, yes, I agree, more info. I don't consider oatmeal with cinnamon bad according to my B.S. - it's just not raw. A hamburger and a soda, then yes, I'd say "bad bad!" So ya make smart/sane choices and do the best you can and that's that.

• I think you would have to replace the word enlightenment with "being judgmental" for this post to make sense. sorry to be rude but was it a joke? you can't judge people and call yourself enlightened lol.

for your food problems. it's your combinations. gotta simplify your diet. there are plenty of charts on the web about food combining. listen to the signs. if your nauseous, you probably ate something your stomach doesn't like. hemp protein with fruit is one example. hemp protein period... why do you need that? have some hemp seeds on a salad. a whole food is always better than it's refined counterpart.

• I think we're being a little hard on aylee. I definitely understand how hard being raw can be on the social life and yourself. In my own experience, food seems to be something that people bond over, and no matter how respectful I am of their food choices, my choice to eat differently has resulted in my being treated with a certain amount of defensiveness, resentment, teasing, and general mild forms of ostracism. Over time I've adjusted and my housemates have mostly gotten used to it, so the defensiveness and teasing has abated. What is still hard is not feeling a part of the group.

I think this is a realistic response, and something that everyone struggles with now and then. You can say that the problem is my own perspective of others, or the way I present myself, but while I can adjust and change my own behavior no matter what a certain amount of distance, or "difference", will remain between me and my non-raw friends. I'm not complaining, just being realistic.

So hey Aylee...sorry you had a hard day and people in your life aren't being supportive. Hope you didn't get scared away from this forum. :P

• Hi Aylee

Yeah it does sound like you have got a lot on your plate. And my first thought was that you and your body were working things out.

The very fact you are on here and asking for advice and support is a clear sign that the hard work is almost over.

There are things and people that are not helping you on your journey at the moment, or another way to look at it is maybe to view these things as bags, heavy bags and your at an intersection.

You created them so that they became so heavy and at the moment that happened you stopped for a rest and to see which road to take. I dont believe there are any wrong roads, if you believe in right or wrong (thats a belief system if there ever is one)

And before you continue on you look at the bags to see which ones you want to continue carrying, and then you see some other things that others are doing that you might find right for you.

You are just where you are, and sometimes the physical things are so helpful that they give us clear signs that they are no longer working for us.

I get the isolation thing, but we are not alone on here.... things are constantly changing as nina simone sings EVERYTHING MUST CHANGE x

I like your sense of humour btw