Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Vita-Mix 5200

Have you shopped for a Vita-Mix 5200 lately? What is the least expensive why to buy one?

Comments

• I got mine from their website. I got a refurbished one, that comes with the same warranty as a new one, but for less money.

• If you decide to go with new, you can use my coupon code 06-003199 to receive free shipping ($25 value). I have my clients call Janet at Vitamix 800-848-2649 x2316 then give her the code. The total is $449.

If you have a Costco nearby, you can also check with them to see when they have a Vitamix demo scheduled and can buy one then. I think they are a little cheaper.

Good luck!

• vegan2rawvegan2raw Raw Newbie

are you happy with the refurbished one? I have been thinking of going that route.

• We don't have a Costco in Oklahoma. I'll definitely use the shipping code if I buy from Vita-Mix...thanks! You mentioned your clients...what type of business do you have?

• Are you happy with the refurbished?

• beanybeeganbeanybeegan Raw Newbie

I have a friend who bought a refurbished Vita-Mix.

She is very pleased with it. Might be a great way to go.

• I am extremely pleased. It was packaged just like a brand new one, and if I hadn't ordered it myself, I never would have known it was refurbished. I would go that route again in a heart beat!

• The refurbished are $379.00 plus tax - I called my order in and got free shipping, no code needed. But I did see on the website that you can enter a code for free shipping as well on the refurbished 5200.

• randommararandommara Raw Newbie

If you have an old one they'll give you a $75 credit. Look here:

http://www.vitamix.com/household/service/tradein.asp

Believe it or not I have an old 2200 Sidewinder and I plan on using that program later. It even applies to reconditioned.

• thompcin,

I am an Exercise Physiologist and do health and wellness coaching. I also am starting to do food preparation classes and hope to teach about square foot gardening (http://www.squarefootgardening.com/) once I have mastered it so everyone can know the pleasures of picking their own produce fresh from their backyards!

The Vitamix was one of the best investments I've ever made. It is used at least 2 times per day in my household. My mom was able to lower her cholesterol from over 300 to 170 without medication, and we attribute much of this to the green smoothie she has every morning (she also refrains from eating dairy, meat and coffee during the week).

• Thanks...good to know!

• I also picked up a refurbished one and I love it.

I've only had it for a few months so I can't comment on it's longevity, but I do use it almost daily and can't imagine dusting off the old $40 blender that's in the cupboard.

• I haven't heard of an Exercise Physiologist before...sounds fascinating! Just recently I read about square foot gardening when I was researching raised garden beds on the Internet. A recent move will now allow me to have a veggie garden again and I'm looking forward to it! Have you had experience with square foot gardening and if so, any pointers? I live in Oklahoma..do you live in a similar gardening climate?

I'm excited about getting a Vita-Mix soon! Can't believe the state of health I've let myself get into during the last 5 years.

Thanks for the information!

• Did you buy it from the Vita-Mix website?

• yep...got it from vita-mix directly.

I never found another way to get a refurbished one.

No other 3rd party site had a new one for the price.

I figured since the warranty is the same as a new one that was good enough for me...especially with all the independent praise I've read, from many many raw sites, about how reliable they are.

• We bought ours refurbished two and a half years ago. We use it several times aday and have had no problems whatsoever. I don't know how I would be able to be raw without it.

• I bought a refurbished one year ago. The pitcher leaked so I returned it (twice!). They were very nice and quickly replaced it and paid for all postage and handling on both returns. I suggest that when you receive your model after you unpack the blender, fill the pitcher with water. If it doesn't leak from the bottom you'll be fine.

• I recently purchased a refurbished 5000 model only to later find out that the container has bpa. So, I contacted vita-mix customer service to see if I could return the blender. Guess what? They were super nice and are sending me a free (I don't even have to pay shipping) new, bpa-free container with wrench to change out blades from the old container. I have had nothing but pleasant communication and dealings with the vita-mix people and the machine itself kicks booty, I must say.

• vegan2rawvegan2raw Raw Newbie

OMG I am sooo sold I have been trying to decide vitamix blendtec refurbished not refurbished?? I will be getting Vitamix the BPA free thing is huge and the fact you never had to pay shipping and they offer the exact same warranty for the refurbished as new. Thanks Thompcin for posting this and all who responded.

Peace and Light

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

i bought a refurbished 5000, and it works GREAT! i've been using it for a year.

• Ditto. Mine is refurbed and works like a charm. I purchased it directly from VitaMix and it has with the 7-year warranty.

• ZemphiraZemphira Raw Newbie

Does anyone know if the dry blade

that is sold separately for $99.00 will work with the refurbished 5200 model?
  • emtpdmomemtpdmom Raw Newbie

Zemphira, I think it does. Refurbished or new shouldn't make a difference in the configuration of the unit. Just to make sure, I'd call VitaMix Customer Service before buying the additional carafe. I've found them very helpful in the past.

• ZemphiraZemphira Raw Newbie

okey doke, thankies!

• I've been waiting for my little osterizer to die so that I "had to" buy a Vitamix.

She finally did and just in time for me to spend my Christmas money. I went with a refurbished 5000 as it was the cheepest I found for $299 and free shipping from a link on this site: http://gotgreensrevolution.com/vitamix.html

I would have loved to get the 5200 but I just couldn't do the $80 difference. I've been using mine for a little over a week and am sooooooooooo satisfied. Though I think I'll call to get a BPA free container. Thanks for the tip.

• Regarding refurbished Vitamix 5200 blenders, it appears Vitamix has refurbished blenders ALL THE TIME and just about without limit. Where do these come from? why do people return them? Or, why can Vitamix not sell enough 5200 blenders? These are all my questions.

Possible answers:

1. Consumers don't like them.

2. They are not powerful enough as claimed

3. They are not all refurbished but actually new, only Vitamix designated them new so they can sell an inventory that is difficult to deplete as "NEW" blenders, because maybe they are too expensive in the first place.

I don't know the answers. These are just speculations. But as you might wonder as well, something with the 'refurbished' Vitamix picture is not right.

Consider the all-time-best Vitamix Commercial Vitaprep 3 hp blender. It is stronger, significantly better and cools more effectively, thus you can demand more from it.

Best Wishes

Thomas

801-623-3225

• hi there

re refurb machines vitamix has a 30 day risk free trial people can return the machines which then can not be sold as 'new' they do not always have the recond machines in stock. the vitamix is a powerhouse it has a 7 yr warranty longer than the vitaprep warranty! (vitaprep is technically for commercial use and has a shorter warranty period, correct?) vitamix is also the #1 machine as per consumers reports

i've owned and used them as well as the others i'm sure the vitaprep is very nice heck--it's a vitamix! but for home use why not opt for the best warranty? 7 included and 10 available upgrade warranty? i would!

my preference is vitamix 5200 BPA free hands down. i've owned them and been a vitamix affiliate for that very reason i trust and use the product successfully and i offer a complimentary nutritional evaluation with each purchase (a 120.00+ value) from one of my sites. do the research and choose for yourself.

sincerely

dr rona

http://www.BlendEverything.com