Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Simple warming foods

blueyzblueyz Raw Newbie

Brrr, I am suddenly feeling the cold in my bones(lol, literally in case of an old broken finger) recently here in New England.

I am looking for warming foods/drinks. I am looking for more simple ideas than gourmet, so please let me know what your favorite warming foods/recipes are.

Thanks, running off now to warm my hands around mug of herbal tea.

Comments

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

You can make a lot of almost hot drinks and soups by getting some hot water, letting it cool slightly for a few minutes, and making a nut milk for example to mix with cocoa and raw sweetener for hot chocolate. You can make soups this way too, and make simple muffins with fruits and vegetables warm right out of the dehydrator. Taking hot baths is really helpful too.

• Add some "hot spices" to your food ... pepper, ginger, cayenne, jalapeno, etc.

The suggestion of warming things in the dehydrator is great. Many times I fill a bowl with very hot water to warm the dish before I put my food in it. Also, if you have a vitamix, whip up some soup and let it run a bit so it is a bit warm (not hot). Then pour it in a warmed bowl ... nice.

This time of year, I add "hot" sprouts to my salads, salads & sandwiches, and sometimes just munch them. I get all my seed from the sproutpeole.com. They have some great blends.

I remember well the winters in New England, having spent 20+ years there!

Cheers! terry

• blueyzblueyz Raw Newbie

OH, I wasn't even thinking warm as in heat(I will drink herbal teas no problem) but as in what foods in themselves are "warming".

I don't have a dehyrdator yet, but muffins sound interesting so thanks :)

• worleyhimself2worleyhimself2 Raw Newbie

maca is great body warmer. ask any raw canadian

• QTLaylaQTLayla Raw Newbie

Hi blueyz (cute name)

by Karen Knowler, from the November issue of Pear Magazine.com

For the cold days upon us, here are some raw warming foods that raise your body heat...

Legumes, sprouted

Carrots

Squash

Parsnips

Beetroot

Walnuts

Coconut

Dates

Red pepper

Pine Nuts

Chilies (Cayenne or Spicy Peppers)

Also try:

Firewater(recipe)by Juliano [Raw: Uncookbook author]

This is a sun tea with water, very hot peppers, juices of lemon, lime and orange, mint leaves, ginger and beet root.

So heating it will knock your socks off! LOL

QT

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

Marinated, dehydrated mushrooms served with raw mashed potatoes.

Raw spinach tortillas with guacamole salsa and cashew sour cream.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

juice with ginger in it

ginger tea

anything with cayenne added (such as to guacamole)