Yummy Smoothie

I just made a smoothie- like I do every morning but I just had to share my secret. I threw in water, apple skins (my son likes them cut off), frozen strawberries, Sun is Shining, Maca, soaked chia, coconut oil, hemp seeds, and cinnamon crispies cereal from One Lucky Duck. It's the smoothest thing in the world, tastes good and packed with goodness, yum!

I think the chia seeds and cereal make it crazy good. The cinnamon cereal is made from sprouted buckwheat so it seems to turns the texture up to decadent!!

Anyone else ever try this?

Comments

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

I don't think it's made from sprouted buckwheat, it's just regular buckwheat. I've never been able to digest that cereal but I have to admit it is really really really tasty....lol. My cabinet is packed with it despite that I don't eat it, but maybe throwing in a few pieces in a smoothie wouldn't be so bad. How much do you usually put in? I just went to OLD and it seems they are packed in with new items for the holidays..wow

• heartshapedskyheartshapedsky Raw Newbie

I think I used about 1/4 cup in a close to 16 ounce smoothie. Sorry about the sprouted part and sorry it's hard to digest for you. Since it's not wheat and is gluten free I thought it'd be a safe food. So much to learn!

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

Thanks for the tip. I don't think it would hurt if I did put a small amount in a smoothie. No problem, as I had originally thought it was sprouted too. :)