Making Bread...HELP

I am making the infamous onion bread...never made anything in a dehydrator yet...I am a little confused...it says to dehydrate at 100 degrees but I am not 100% sure that is right. Also, I read something about flipping it over to a "normal tray"...um, what does that mean??

Thanks so much for your help!

Donna

Comments

• rawlizardrawlizard Raw Newbie

Orangutan, I am not sure what dehydrator you are using, but I think that the normal tray is the one that has some kind of holes in it. If you are using Excalibur, it would be the plastic white meshy one. The change is because the air circulates better on a tray that has these holes. T seems fine, although some people preffer to set the T a little higher the first hour or so, to avoid bacteria and mold. Good luck.

• carrie6292carrie6292 Raw Newbie

I don't set the temp higher and my bread comes out fine. Well, take that back, i dehydrate it at 105 the entire time... RawLizard is right, you should transfer your onion bread onto the mesh screen after about 24 hours or so. If you flip it over and the teflex doesn't peel off, don't force it. wait some more. This bread is definitely worth the wait. I'm throwing my batch in tomorrow. "chips" are in there now :)

• Hi there! Thank you soo much for the input! Does this mean I don't place it on the teflex but flip it directly on the mesh? I have the excaliber by the way. I already flipped it and placed it on the paper that is on the mesh. Is that not right?

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

normal means mesh tray. you just do that when it is not too gooey.

• Thank you for replying...I really appreciate it. The onion bread came out nicely.

Thanks again

Donna