Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

AWWW!!! FEMALES

Okay i heard that going raw actually makes it so that you seem colder or actually are colder and i was wondering what do you guys do when you start your period of something because i know that drinking something hot helps me. When I go raw what would i do to stop the craps! PLEASE HELP

Comments

• actually, eating a raw diet has eased my PMS symptoms and I end up feeling great and don't get cramps anymore! :)

but if you decide you need it, a hot cup of tea wouldn't be the end of the world.

• I too have very minor cramp symptoms, it's more I get bloated from my body retaining so much water from fruits and greens, but it usually goes away within a day or two. But you can buy heated blankets/body wrap pads at like a drugstore and place that over your abdomen. I used to use them at night sleeping and they would help so much!

• I have always had bad PMS and when I began eating more raw I have gotten soooooooo much better!!!! Adding flax seed every day really helped me to. I eat about 3 tablespoons ground per day in pure cranberry juice I swear by this combo for women with bad periods!!!

• I don't get cramps anymore! Which is absolutely amazing because I used to spend time on the bathroom floor, frozen in the fetal position because they hurt so bad I thought I would throw up! I barely have any pms symptoms now. Which is actually kindof bad because my last period caught me by complete surprise! Most people improve so you have something to look forward to!

• okraokra Raw Newbie

my last period i did juice fast and felt great.

no pms symptoms and just felt so clean and happy.

i hope i can do it again!

• I will defiantly try that hopefully it helps :)

• thanks everyone that replied now i have something to look forward to when going raw; minor to no cramping yay

• Love that idea of fasting on a period!

Hot water bottles are nice, tea isn't that bad, baths are luxurious!

• blueyzblueyz Raw Newbie

If I really am craving something during PMS I'll make a smoothie with some cacao and throw in a chili pepper. I like the combo of chili and cacao and it is very warming to the body. Otherwise stay as raw/natural foods as possible definitely helps!

I have no problems drinking tea, but most of mine is herbal(non-caffeinated) and needs the hot water to draw out healing properties. Good in winter :)

• internettouristinternettourist Raw Newbie

Hardly any cramps, bloating or soreness since raw. May have one or two headache days though related to hormones.

I am warmer--regulating temperatures better since raw. When I get up at night and roam to the computer, I drink two cups of hot water (not hot tea). That's very warming.

• I hate to say it but....Ibruprofen helps me. I watched a news segment that said there was something in it (duh!) that affects the muscle spasms that occur during menses, particularly these muscle groups more so than your average headache or backache.

I'm also an advocate of Tradition Medicinal teas...PMS tea by the same makers. Crampbark, chaste berry, wild yam, black cohosh..these are all really good if you'd rather avoid meds and go the 'natural' way.

Hope this helps..

:) H

• Raw_OrleansRaw_Orleans Raw Newbie

Ibruprofen??? Dude, That stuff is like Toxic waste...

• troublesjustabubbletroublesjustabubble Raw Newbie

rawneworleans-did you not catch the title of this thread? FEMALES ONLY!

Anyway, I drink hot water and that helps alot. Hot baths or showers are wonderful. I am not against drinking tea but hot water for some reason is more soothing for pain to me.

• I'm not a Dude. And yes, I use ibruprofen from time to time when salicylic acid (aspirin) doesn't make a dent in my cramps. I know that too much ibruprofen can mess up the kidneys, just like Tylenol can do nasties to the liver. Moderation and not exceeding the recommended dosage is the wise way for me. MORE is not always BETTER.

I find Chamomile tea to work wonders, as does Bach Rescue Remedy (flower essences) for relaxation and de-stress. Same goes for a nice, 2.5 mile walk.

• troublesjustabubbletroublesjustabubble Raw Newbie

haha dovesinna- glad you're a girl. and I think ibuprofen is a wonderful thing when you need it. I use it on rare occasions for severe pulled muscles or inflammation if I have an accident like sprained ankle or something.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

i agree to not be afraid of ibuprofen. but ideally you can get to the root of the cause of the cramping and have it relieved. diet, herbs, etc can help treat the real symptoms.

as for being cold, well if you lose weight on raw you will get colder. no more fat suit to keep you warm! but who wants that when you can just put on an extra sweater. I find hot baths and showers help. herbal tea is great too. make your own with dried herbs if you are nervous about store-bought.