Where can I find Kalamata olives?

Where can I find or purchase Kalamata olives? Any websites or stores?

Comments

• 1sweetpea1sweetpea Raw Newbie

I'm in Canada and I bought mine online from upayanaturals.com. They're the David Wolfe's Sunfood brand, so I'm positive that other sites (in addition to his own site) will offer them as well. Mine are simply called Greek Olives, so they might not technically be Kalamatas, but they're raw cured, not brined and they're sooooo good.

• Ive found them in the olive aisle of almost every supermarket. Have you looked there?

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

avocado lover, the problem with those is that they aren't raw unfortunately. Sunfood.com though sells raw kalamata olives.

• 1sweetpea1sweetpea Raw Newbie

I'm not kidding about those Sunfood Greek olives. They're insanely good. I also have the Peruvian olives, which are dry and unsalted. They're really different (meaning jury's out on them). I bought them in case I want to make something like tapenade, which I generally find way too salty. A combo of the unsalted and the Greek ones would be nirvana, I think.

I fell in love with olives in Morocco several years ago. Before then, my frame of reference was mostly those hideous pitted canned California chemically altered wanna-be olives. I don't eat many of my raw babies in one go, but 3 or 4 just knock my socks off! I also bought the Moroccan brined olives that have herbs added to the brine. They're pretty good too, but I find the brine a bit overpowering. That's just me, though. I'm big on the oil cured ones. When I was in Tunisia a few years ago, when the wind would shift, directions, Tunis positively reeked of olives. It was sensory overload, but kind of in a ripe sheep dunghill kind of way -- almost put me off olives ... until I ate one.

• StrongAndRawStrongAndRaw Raw Newbie

I buy mine from Alex the Raw Guru. Here's the link to the Kalamata olives: http://www.rawguru.com/store/raw-food/kalamata-style-raw-organic-olives-10-oz.html . Raw Guru also offers FREE SHIPPING in the USA for orders of $100 or more, which is rawsome! Good luck!