Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Vitamix

Looking in to buying one. The 5200 model. Don't want to pay for the dry blade/container if I don't need it. Does the wet blade do all of the grinding you need to make raw cheesecakes and other goodies?

Comments

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

I have a vitamix 4500 and never bought a dry blade, still makes very smooth purees of nuts and stuff if you add a little water, never even knew what the dry blade was for.

• Thanks for the info RawKidChef, you always have great advice. I think the dry blade is for making nuts in to a fine flour.

• Hi Rawdoggy! If you havent' yet purchased your Vitamix, I can help you out with some wonderful free shipping and a $50 gift card! http://akneadedescape.com/ Just click on the Vitamix link on my page and you will have all the info you need!

om shanti

Faye

• I am in the same boat as RawKidChef. I've had my Vitamix for 2 years and I love it! I've used it to make plenty of "dry" dishes (like cheeses and desserts) with the wet blade since I dont have a food processor and it works fine. Ive never specifically tried to make nut powder so Im not sure about that, but I think you should be fine with typical raw use.

• I have the dry blade and wet blade, but find that I really didn't need to spend the extra money.

The dry blade is a different shape, and it sits lower and flatter in the container. The container doesn't have a "well" under the blade, like the wet one does; this means it doesn't require any liquid to get or keep things moving. The dry blade does work great for turning grains into flour and making peanut butter.

I use my wet blade almost daily, but I must admit, I haven't used my dry blade in years. When I have had the need lately (like grinding dry raw sprouted oat groates into powder for recipes), I find my coffee grinder works just fine, and is much quicker and easier to use.

Good luck finding a used machine!

Belinda

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

Hmm, because I can still make awesome nut powders with the wet blade. I don't have a food processor either, and def don't need one.

• I use my dry blade a lot. I use it to make oat flour, and nut flour to make nut butter in my food processor.

I bought my Vita Mix from their website. I got a refurbished one because it offers the same exact warranty as a new one, and you also get free shipping.

• I just went to the pawn shop here in town(Liberty,TX.) and found a jewel of a deal. They had a VitaMix Food Processor(sp?) that had the wet and dry container for $89.95!!! I really don't think they knew what they had. It's like brand new so I am giving it to my mother for Christmas so her smoothies can come out smooth :-). I already have a BlendTec that I got on e-bay (gotta love em!) that works great for me, but had to send my mama survival smoothies down cause her regular blenders didn't do to well on kale and tougher greens. Sorry I seem to be rambling on. But wishing all good holidays and healthy blessings for the coming year.

Shari