Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Organic young coconut?

does anyone know a good online source for organic, young, fresh coconuts? my local health store has them nice and green but not organic. thanks!

Comments

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

I get them from www.genefitnutrition.com although rawguru.com is much cheaper. Superior quality with genefit but I haven't tried the other ones.

• Hi, I didnt know they sprayed/treated coconuts.

I know theres a vicious beetle attacking the palm, making them yellowtopped and die, but what do they use for the fruitbugs. I live in the tropics and have never seen anyone treat coconut palms

Anyone?

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

If it ain't labeled certified organic it ain't organic. Plus everything these days that isn't organic is irradiated by law anyway (heat treated therefore dead). I can taste a dramatic difference in storebought ones versus organic ones anyway.

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

i am so happy i found this forum topic!!! i can't find coconuts in the grocery stores near me. i guess they aren't too popular in pittsburgh. i've been dying to make raw ice cream with them. thanks for the links.

• @joannabanana I know that the EEFC has fresh young thai coconuts, though I don't recall if they are organic. I believe they are $1.50/ea there or so. Maggies Mercantile has them and uses them in their smoothies, not sure if they sell them individually but you might check with them?

Also- hello neighbour!

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

I ordered some coconuts through RawGuru.com that were suppose to be delivered around Thanksgiving. I don't have them yet and understand that they will be available in January.

I have ordered from RawGuru.com before. While I don't have any problem with the quality of their product, their customer service is not very good. For example, they didn't contact me to let me know about the delay in shipping the coconuts. A simple email to all those waiting for product would have let us know they were on top of things and trying to keep us informed. They didn't include something in a previous order and didn't include any explanation as to why it wasn't there. There was no packing list. Of course, then you have to call them and make sure you aren't being billing for items they aren't going to ship.

You can contact them and get an answer, but this is not the type of service I would demand if I ran the company. However, customer service is almost a thing of the past everywhere. The only company I get any service from is Verizon and I happily pay for that.

Since I still have not received my coconuts, I can't comment on their quality, but I assume they will be okay.

• Thanks for the links i've also been looking for them it is extremely hard to find them where i live and i hate taking these discount vitamins trying to supplement the nutrients im missing i love eating fruits and veggies instead.