Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Eating mushrooms, yes or no

internettouristinternettourist Raw Newbie

So some say mushrooms are good (anti-cancer properties) others say they are bad (full of mycotoxins). What do you believe?

Comments

• Mushrooms do suck up pollutants from the air very fast. They are permeable.

There are some kinds of mushrooms that have great medicinal effects of various diseases, this I believe.

As for eating regular mushrooms, better chose organic with less toxins, or even grow them yourself.

• amberablueamberablue Raw Newbie

i've read that if a person suspects they have candidiasis/candida overgrowth, they should definately lay off the mushrooms in addition to whatever else they are doing in order to recover. it isn't that mushrooms cause it so much as their being a fungus doesn't help in the recovery process.

• seaweedseaweed Raw Newbie

Sounds weird, but the last time I had pms cravings I really enjoyed raw organic mushrooms dipped in raw almond butter with a little raw honey on top!

On a different note, I love marinated 'shrooms. Haven't noticed any unpleasant changes in my digestive system when I eat them, which isn't really that often when I think about it.

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

INTERNET TOURIST - For me, the jury is out. First, it is hard to find reliable information on anything these days as most research is driven by money and often biased in order to sell a product. You're right that there are claims to both side of the story. I don't know, but I sure like to eat mushrooms.

I am not 100% raw, so I decided a few months ago that if I am going to eat most of my mushrooms cooked or marinated. This may not make a difference in killing the spores, which assumes that IF there is a problematic link it is in the spores and not the flesh.

• amberablueamberablue Raw Newbie

i agree with you, Meditating. And I'm sure a lot of the claims can be true on both sides for so many foods...many beneficial foods/drinks have drawbacks to them or can be overdone. Maybe that's the point to remember when examining these types of things. For those types of foods it also can depend on what your own bodies needs are, and your own dietary goals. I wish that more articles would point this out before labeling things 'to beware of'...since some people don't question it. And yeah, it's usually the people on the money-driven side of the fence who do this.

For me personally, I've never noticed any bad effects, and I am a huge fan.

• Raw CurlsRaw Curls Raw Newbie

I don't know, but I often notice a weird taste in my mouth/bad breath after eating mushrooms.

• medicinal mushrooms like Red Reishi can feed beneficial bacteria in your body and that will help you get rid of bad bacteria. also they help your body build immunity. unbelievable immunity. tree mushrooms also have a decent amount of protein too. oh and dont forget the beta glucans. the company New Chapter is amazing. they have some really great products and there mushroom products are really strong. medicinal mushrooms are one of the greatest gifts to all man kind and they grow in abundance everywhere there are forests.

www.superherosnacks.com