soaked flax seds and the goopy stuff?

ok so i know most nuts and seeds release thier enzyme inhibitors into the soak water and after you rinse them the inhibitors are rinsed away. when it comes to flax seed it is impossible to rinse the goopy stuff away. do the inhibitors remain in the goop? if so then eating soaked flax seed is the same as eating ground un soaked flax.... they both have enzyme inhibitors. please advise.

thanks

Comments

• jbaer4 I have the same question. I'm a newbie. Knowing what grains and seeds only need to be soaked and which ones should be sprouted, and which ones only require gringing, is the most confusing part to all this. One of the reasons I want to go raw is to get the most nutrition, so this is important to understand. Is there one source I can go to that explains it all? AND...... I'm reading different info when it comes to losing weight. Some sites say one of the benefits to eating all raw is you can eat whatever you want and lose weight because the enzymes allow the body to use it all and won't store it as fat and you won't be as hungry since your body is getting the nutrition it needs........ some say you have to watch your fruit intake because it's still sugar even if its natural......some say watch the amount of nuts (that would leave out half the recipies!).......some say stay low fat...!!!! I obviously know you can't eat alot of dessert, even if it's raw, and think you're gonna lose weight, but otherwise....Help! (sorry for the novel)

• waterbaby12347waterbaby12347 Raw Newbie

As far as I am aware, flax seeds don't need to be soaked unless you want the gooey stuff to make your recipe into a pudding... There are others here with better information and maybe they will share soon... Try the search to locate other forums where this has already been discussed... smile

Allthingsnew~ A calorie is a calorie and you need to reduce your intake by 100 cal/day to loose one pound a month... Each pound equals 3500 calories... You can eat all the raw vegetables your heart desires and almost as many fruits but fats and nuts are a different story... Just use good judgement and you will achieve your correct body weight...

Good luck with your journeys!!!

• I soak all nuts and seeds. Most info I have found says that is best.

Regarding the goopy stuff...I rinse the seeds to try to remove the inhibitors existing in the soaked goop. I have also been told that the inhibitors are destroyed when the item is soaked. The idea being that when water is added, it chemically changes the inhibitor so it isn't an inhibitor anymore. I haven't found this in any literature though, so I keep rinsing.....

By the way, Waterbaby, we joined this site exactly 1 year apart....

• Hi everybody,

I hope to see more answers to this, as I have been wondering the same thing, and can't GET the goopy stuff to rince off after soaking, so am wondering if there are some chemicals released into the slime that I am supposed to be getting rid of. Does anybody know?