Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

persimmon warning- especially for mono eaters

Ok ppl. i am recently learning that eating too many persimmons will give you a horrible stomach ache. In researching my discomfort, i found that the persimmons can form a phytobezoar, a clump of fibrous material that can trap other foods in your stomach and cause a blockage. This is something that is more prone with the persimmon and i'd eaten two of the big ones one day, and 3 or 4 the next day resulting in pain, bloating, and days of digestive issues. i think they are great tasting and good for you, but if you have mono meals- this is not your friend!

Comments

• waterbaby12347waterbaby12347 Raw Newbie

I recently learned I love persimmons so thanks for the heads up..

• I cured myself from colitis by eating easy to digest soft fruits. The last thing I would want to do is eat something that will cause me pain. I enjoy eating 9 or 10 fuyu persimmons at a time with no pain, ever. Most likely because I always peel them. Peel your persimmons if they give you pain and you'll be fine.

• I haven't had any problems with persimmons either, but I also always peel them.

• I also peel them. And gorge on them. This past winter break I regularly ate between 15-30 each day because I love them so much, especially Fuyus when they're just beginning to soften and they're a little milky, nutty and sweet with a texture simultaneously creamy and crisp. So wonderful. Thankfully I never got constipated.

• i didn't eat the skin. i'm not sure, but i think you would have to be a little crazy to do that.