Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Is it possible to get crunchy biscuits?

Hi

I wondered if it was possible to make raw biscuits that were crisp/crunchy. I have tried making several kinds and despite doing them for hours and hours in the dehydrator, they alwayds come out chewy. I will miss crunchy things if I go completely raw...!

Comments

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

Do you mean raw crackers? I ordered some AMAZING ones made by Livin' Spoonful

• daniefondaniefon Raw Newbie

Read my comment on Curried Carrot Soup. The carrot pulp makes very crunchy crackers. They remind me of Dr. Kracker crackers.

• PamPam

I'm thinking you mean what we in the States call cookies. I'd like to have a crunchy cookie recipe myself. The only thing I can think of is that buckwheaties cereal turns out crunchy. You could make that recipe into cookies. There are several recipes floating around and I know there is one in Sarma's cookbook. Perhaps there is one posted here.

• miss soufflemiss souffle Raw Newbie

OMG Americans don't call them biscuits?? HAHAHAHA

BUT i can't help sowwy... i have however seen recipes for "biscuits" where the auther has said that they were crunchy after dehydrating them...... you'd have to really look tho. cheer cheer

• Yes, I mean the things Americans call cookies - in England we call them biscuits. Biscuits are sweet whereas crackers are savoury.

I think maybe I'll have a go with some buckwheat. Maybe I should also spread them thinner, as I have made crackers which are crunchy, just not biscuits, yet.

Thanks for the help!

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

It may be the sweeteners that are keeping them from getting crispy. I don't know what raw sweetener you could use that would get crispy. I know honey dries out more than agave does. Maybe you could try one with apples and buckwheat, then just top it with something sweeter after dehydrating?

• daniefondaniefon Raw Newbie

I have been thinking about making a crispy cookie (aka biscuit) using a cracker recipe that I recently came up with. I am going to try carrot pulp, raisins, oats, ground nuts or seeds, cinnamon and a dry sweetner like sucanot or date sugar. THe crackers are pulp, coconut, ground seeds, & chia seeds, and seasonings, they turn out really crispy even when spread thick. I am going out of town, but when I return I am going to experiment. I will let you know.

• PamPam

Miss Souffle, it took me a couple months living in London before I finally understood what a biscuit, a pudding and a spotted dick was. ;o)

• PamPam

Well, with all due respect to our across the pond, I don't think you're missing much!

• miss soufflemiss souffle Raw Newbie

LOL that's so funny. im so sure id have to figure out afew words going to america as well hehe im from new zealand though and i have heard of a 'spotted dick' but ive never tried that because its more english then new zealand!