Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Jack LaLanne's juicer...any good?

I've been browsing craigslist in my area to find a good juicer. I found a post for a champion juicer and went crazy! however, it was a post from about a month ago. A new post came up for a Jack LaLanne's Power juicer, and although I have seen several infomercials for it and how good it must be, is it really worth the investment? They are only asking $50 for it, but I just wanted to know if it is a good buy. I know a champion juicer is a great investment for the $200 price tag, but I'm on a budget right now (along with the rest of the U.S., I'm sure). Are there any search engines in which a champion juicer is cheaper? I checked ebay, but I am just skeptical of the quality and authenticity. Any suggestions? They would be GREATLY appreciated. If this Jack Lalannes is a good deal, I wouldnt want to miss out. Thank you!

Comments

• Hi there!

Just wanted to let you know that I have the Jack LaLanne juicer and I love it. It isn't a masticating juicer though, which some people prefer. I have never had any problems with mine and I use it almost every day. I think it rinses clean pretty easily, and I put whole lemons through with the rind still on and it goes through them no problem. I think I paid over $100 for mine, so $50 is a pretty good deal. Anyway, hope this helps and that you find a juicer you love!

• wow...thanks so much! i definantly try to snatch that one before it's gone!

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

i have this juicer, too, and it's not bad. it juices everything EXCEPT for greens. I can't get it to juice spinach, parsley, kale, or collard greens, so if you plan on having green juices, this isn't the juicer for you.

besides that, i use it everyday for other juices of all kinds and i'm pretty pleased with it.

it worked awesome when i went on my juice fast for a week and i was using it 4 or 5 times a day.

• Joannabanana- I juice greens in mine everyday with no problem. I especially love kale and juice that all the time. Maybe you need to replace a part? I think they sell replacement blades on the website. Either way, you are being cheated lol!!

• Hi there! I also have this juicer and have no problems, and definitely not with greens! I make green juice every am! I would definitely grab that, great deal. Take care :)

hmm, now i'm wondering what is wrong with mine!! i got it for christmas this past year so it should work fine. it honestly just shreds all of my greens and doesn't get the juice out of them. i'm definitely going to email the company to see what the problem is.

• Thanks so much for all of your advice, ladies! I'm feeling really confidant about this now!-actually the owner on craigslist just emailed me, and pretty told me that it's pretty much mine if i want it! so excited! I posted a forum not too long ago about how often one should do a juice fast. I've heard that one day a week is beneficial. What about you guys? Thanks again for all of your help- you made my night!

i've only done one juice fast which lasted a week, and it was EXTREMELY beneficial. I'm interested in doing it one day a week though- just to give my digestive system a break. Maybe every Friday so I could call it "juice fast friday." that would be a fun new addition to my diet. any takers??

• Count me in! I'm all about being polite when I'm a guest, so I've been eating cooked food all week, and boy am I in need of a pick-me-up! I feel so blocked and groggy...no energy! I am heading home tomorrow and am oh so excited to leap back into my regular eating habits. I am pretty sure my excalibur misses me as much as I miss it! Are there any particular green juice combos that are a must? At juice bars, I usually get apple, lemon, ginger, greens. yumm!

• rawmamanibblesrawmamanibbles Raw Newbie

I love mine- i prefer it over the campion any day :)

• Hi: Thought I would add my 2 cents. I have the Omega 4000 Juicer and love it. It's excellent and all the pulp is dry - even greens. Found that spinach has very little water - seems to be more fiber. Interesting to know if you eat a lot of spinach salads like my husband and I do. On juice fasting - I generally do a 7-day whenever I need to reset my system to raw after eating too many cooked foods. One pack of two heads of celery, one pack of 3 heads of Romaine lettuce, 5 Granny Smith apples, 1" piece of ginger and a lemon makes a delicious green drink that will last a couple of days.

• Hi, I also just purchased the Jack Lalanne Power Juicer Elite and it is great. I've only used it a few times, but it's worked quite well and really gets the juice out, leaving great pulp for recipes. my only complaint is the time needed for clean up, but this would be the case with any juicer. Also, the infomercials are a bit misleading, as the juicer is definitely not "whisper quiet", that Elaine Lalanne doesn't know what she's talking about haha. Overall, a fabulous juicer! I recommend it.

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

Instead of buying a juicer, you could use your high speed blender to blend up the greens/veg/fruit with water. Then strain through a nut milk bag. I do it - works wonderfully! Very quick clean up too - i rarely use my juicer because of the clean up time involved.

• I love the Jack Lalane juicer. I don't have the patience to use a twin gear ( clean up is ridiculous ). I found the best way to juice greens is to use another veggie as a plunger with it ie; carrot or celery.

I actually prefer to use the blender / milk bag method, it's soooo much easier and quicker. I would suggest to buy a one gallon paint straining bag from Lowe's instead of a small nut milk bag.

• beanybeeganbeanybeegan Raw Newbie

I am surprised no one has mentioned that the centrifuge type juicers will not give you raw juice. The friction of the juicer warms the juice to high to be considered raw.

• gratefultobegratefultobe Raw Newbie

I'm not sure that's true beany. I have a Jack LL Power Juicer too. I have never noticed a bit of warming to my juice let alone hot enough to be over 115. It seems to finish the job too fast to get the friction heat problem you suggest.

I like mine just fine for apples, carrots, etc. Not in a rush to 'upgrade'.

• beanybeeganbeanybeegan Raw Newbie

www.hacres.com has a good comparison chart of juicers. Go to search and type in centrifugal juicers. Then go to juice extractor:enzymes