swollen body!!! what to do?

graceinyafacegraceinyaface Raw Newbie

So I've been anywhere from 50-95% raw for the past 3 months....3 days ago I decided to give 100% raw another go. Yesterday morning I woke up and my whole body was so swollen and bloated it was unbelievable. I have no idea what it could've been. Someone told me it was because I ate cauliflower, I didn't eat that much of it but it's never done that to me in the past. Any advice on how to get rid of the water weight or what might be causing it would be awesome. This makes me feel like such crud :(

Comments

• waterbaby12347waterbaby12347 Raw Newbie

Are you adding salt to your recipes???

• ambiguousambiguous Raw Newbie

Celery is diuretic, as is chocolate. I don't know what is causing your problem, though a food sensitivity is a good possibility. Make sure you get plenty of fluids; your body obviously has something it wants to get rid of, and water is good for flushing everything. Sorry you're going through this!

• I was just going to post a post about strawberries - every time I eat them my stomach gets really bloated and I have stomach pains for the rest of the day. It could have been something you ate but not realized that it has this effect on you?? Or, you could be super hydrated - did you drink a lot of liquids/water? When I was sick and combating a flu/cold, I drank a ton of liquids, that my thighs actually swelled up from the amount of liquid I'd consumed. Sounds weird, but it happened haha

• graceinyafacegraceinyaface Raw Newbie

waterbaby, I think I've probably been using less salt than normal...I thought about that.

I've been drinking lots of green juices with chard, kale, and dandelion greens (not necissarily together) and I heard somewhere today that because of all the fiber that heavy greens provide, it can make you bloat if you're not used to it. But if you juice...isn't the fiber removed?

Sometimes I wish I wasn't SO aware of what my body was doing. I makes me go crazy at times. Thank you for your input!

• waterbaby12347waterbaby12347 Raw Newbie

Yes you do loose the fiber and bulk when you juice... Could it be you are ingesting too much volume at one time and then over a day your body has more than it needs... I was doing that when I first started and I had bloating and gas like crazy... TMI LOL

Your body may just need time to adjust to your new regime... Give it time and see what happens if you aren't over eating or salting... You should see improvement in 3-5 days, I would think... 2 weeks for sure,,, Big difference I know but don't remember the time frame... I know it went away without doing more than reducing the volume...

• Definitely a cleansing reaction. Get some colon hydrotherapy IMMEDIATELY. I guarantee this will help.

• Anytime I have a weird reaction to any foods I usually give my body a break and drink a ton of water with lemon to flush out any impurity I may have encountered. If it is a "bad" reaction for you, your body will usually respond by evacuating said items quite rapidly i.e vomitting, diarrhea, and the like.

As for a colonic...that can be very extreme for someone unused to them. One colonic will not get that high in the intestine..takes a few to truly benefit. I would be more apt to recommend a lymph drainage massage or ab massage where they can do some smoothing of the intestines as well. Lymph is a very light touch and will get stuff going in the right direction and possible reduce interstitial pooling of fluids.

Hope you are feeling better!

Lo~