Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Speedy Weight Loss...

Is it ok / safe / healthy for 100% raw obese individuals to be losing weight at a rate of 20 lbs per month? I'm kinda thrilled and scared at the same time... Thank you!

Comments

• Bananna1333Bananna1333 Raw Newbie

If you are obese as you say, then that is within normal range. You'll notice it slow down gradually, the smaller you get!

• mostly water weight. your body is simply correcting itself from all the toxins yo u've been feeding it.

remember, foods don't heal, the body does all the work for ya.

• Congratulations! It is so wonderful that you have chosen to make healthy life choices for yourself. How are you feeling on raw?

• Actually, I think that when you're 100% raw you don't have to worry about the body doing something "wrong". You're feeding it what it was designed to have and work with - everything it does then, is absolutely right!

So I'd say: Don't worry! You're taking care of your body and it is taking care of you therefore! :-)

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

Congratulations, but do expect the amount you lose monthly to slow down considerably as you continue to lose.

• mdcmdc

Yes, it's normal for an obese person to lose 20 pounds the first month. Some is water, but most is probably fat and possibly some muscle. I bet you're eating a lot fewer calories than you did before going raw. Your best indicator is your waist. Keep tabs on that rather than focusing on the scale because it can vary with water retention and other factors. According to Drs. Roizen & Oz, no one should have a waist measurement exceeding 32 inches. You may want to visit their web site if you're not already exercising. They also have a lot of easy-to-incorporate exercise ideas. You may also want to visit Carlene Jone's website. She lost a lot of weight quickly on raw. http://www.rawfoodbootcamp.com/

Congrats and keep up the healthy work!

• this information helped me too. I've only been raw for 5 days & I've lost 7 pounds. lol

i was a littttttle concerned...however if it's what my body feels is best for me than I'm happy.

• dont worry its normal

• mdc thanks for that blog link...inspiring!!

Peace

Lo~

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

at first it will drop off, even for people who are only mildly overweight. it will slow down most likely but continue to drop until you are at a healthy weight.

• Lilou just wanted to say thanks for starting this thread. I'm struggling with my weight along with various other physical situations myself. It's tough and isolating at times. But I'm soooooooo thankful Spirit has led me to RAW altho I am having issues with the transition. I just keep going online and trying to keep inspired. I went on Alissa Cohens ppage and saw her people's before and afters...I was amazed. Raw is definitely the way to go!!

I love that everyone on this site is so helpful and freely giving of their knowledge!! I am going to start another thread as I want to confess of my challenges trying to go RAW and I know this is not the thread to do it on. So anyway I hope you guys will come on over and help me to help myself.

Will list under the newbie forum..."Glamazon confessions---Please help!"

It will be long so make a smoothie, get comfortably seated and come on over to read my situation hahaha

Thanks for letting me be apart of your situation. Peace to you all!!

• beanybeeganbeanybeegan Raw Newbie

mdc,,,,raw food bootcamp. Great idea. I have gained a lot of weight since going raw. Where as I have been raw for 5+ years I need big time help!!!

Thanks for the information.

• Lilou, that is one scary picture...kind of reminds me of Chucky! I agree your body is finally shedding the toxic excess and will slow eventually. The heavier you are to begin with the more will initially drop off, but I think your body is finally healing and will be able to properly regulate itself on a nutritious raw vegan diet, so I would not worry, just stick with it. Congratulations!!