Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Yoga DVDs

Hi everyone,

I am looking for some good yoga DVDs to do in my house-- but there are SOO many of them and I dont know what to get. Ive bought some in the past that Ive been really dissapointed with (they are all too easy)

Im looking for some Yoga that will truly make me stronger and make me SWEAT! I want it to be challenging-- with a fansastic instructor.

Can anyone recommend anything?

Thanks guys!

Comments

• Look at the Baron Baptiste DVDs at Amazon. They work for all levels. I find that once you learn the pose and do not have to keep looking to see if you are doing it "correctly" thats when it can get challenging. When you are able to take it to your level. Baron Baptiste is great at explaining the poses but keeps it flowing from one to the next, and you feel as though you are in the class with everyone else. For example he was saying "some of you are still crunching you necks" then I realized that I was doing that too!

Any how, my favorites are the yoga for athletes, 30 minutes and the Soul of Strength, 60 minutes. Good Luck. I have been very satisfied with my purchases, I even prefer the DVDs to my local class. The class just moved too slow and didn't flow as well.

• rawcanadianrawcanadian Raw Newbie

The p90x workout has yoga in it and the yoga workout is over 1 hr 1/2 long. I find it very fast paced and intense.

I remembered seeing some vids at beachbody.com , so I looked it up for you.

Here is the link to the advanced yoga workout:

http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/advanced/yoga_booty_ballet_master_series.do

looks pretty good and they offer money back guarantee incase you don't like it.

• I love Gurmukh's Kundalini yoga & Kristin McGee's yoga dvds.

And have heard good things about Bryan Kest Power Yoga, but have not tried it myself. I did see it at the library, so I might check it out when I am ready to switch things up again.

• SuasoriaSuasoria Raw Newbie

Maybe the library has some you can "audit" before you decide to buy?

There are probably a lot of clips on YouTube or Yogamates.com that would give you a sample of the routine.

• Check out yogatoday.com. It's a new favorite of mine. I don't know if it would be too easy for you but there are a lot of different workouts on there that you can watch for free so if you don't like it you haven't wasted any money plus you can mix it up so you don't get bored.

• Patricia Moreno has a great Cardio Yoga Burn DVD. It's interesting and flowing, and works a lot with lunges and chair. My butt loves this one.

• ZemphiraZemphira Raw Newbie

If I can add my 2 cents worth, I absolutely LOVE the Total Yoga Flow Series with Tracey Rich and Ganga White. My favorite is the intermediate "Water" but if you're looking for a challenge, I'd say "Fire" is the way to go.

http://www.whitelotus.org/fire.html

• Annabelle77Annabelle77 Raw Newbie

Thanks everyone... you are awesome! I will definitely check out your recommedations!!!