Got a good story? Inspired someone or gotten an unusual tip?

gratefultobegratefultobe Raw Newbie

Since going mostly raw and vegan I have been asked what I've been doing different by a good number of people. I've always accepted the complement and shared my simple & awesome new way of caring for myself. Almost always the response is dumbfounded, confused or some justification why they couldn't possibly do such a thing. That's cool, right? I didnt jump on it the first time I heard it either.

But yesterday a friend from yoga actually said I was an inspiration to her! And she was wondering if I had any good flax cracker recipes. LOL well I sure do and welcome to goneraw. Funny thing is she is more set then I was at first cause she has an old vitamix collecting dust on the shelf.

We all seem to have the less supportive stories but do any of you have a positive tale to tell? I'm tellin' you it's so nice & dont know where I'd be without the support and tips from this forum.

Comments

• gratefultobegratefultobe Raw Newbie

A funny little tip I found by accident here...I was checking out Raw Curls web site and noticed her wearing ear covers like you might see at a shooting range or something while she was using her high speed blender. I dont care what they say those things are loud. I never thought of that before and never saw anyone else doing that but what a good idea. I asked my 17 yr. old for them ($7) for Christmas and just love em. LOL, picture me every morning popping those things on while I make smoothies or anything else in the blender. (goofy yes but I have no pride)

Anyone else have something?

• haha its funny you mention that, we have a whole package of ear plugs for my mom because she hates the sound of our blender and food processor.

Maybe it's just me but I get so much resistance to this great way of living that I get so very happy when someone comes back with a positive report for me. It's silly if I'm the only one sharing but here gos again.. thx ofthesea :)

I just got a great email from the girl's mom who borrowed Earthlings and some raw books from me. She said BOTH her and her daughter have been eating vegan and more raw the past 3 months! Both have lost substantial weight and feel better emotionally. Hurray! Now if they tell 2 people and they tell 2 people...teehee!

• greenghostgreenghost Raw Newbie

hey gratefultobe - this is a little thing, but it made me happy:

I got my mother to become enamored with homemade almond milk. It's exciting to me because although she is a really loving and easy-going person she is pretty set in her ways when it comes to food choices.... she has a typical SAD diet. But I smile knowing that she has made a step in a healthier direction by choosing nut milk over cow's milk.

Thank you gg =) And hurray for your mom!!!

• SuasoriaSuasoria Raw Newbie

It's not a story exactly, but a while ago there was a thread that pointed out how many people seem to do raw in the morning (smoothie or whatever), raw lunch, and cooked vegan dinner. I've found I'm doing the exact opposite lately -- cooked food in the morning because I want something warm and/or nurturing when I'm easing into my day (a "comfort food" of some sort), then raw lunch and raw dinner. I don't eat very much in the morning usually, just some soy yogurt, an English muffin with Earth Balance, or granola in rice milk, plus tea. Sometimes we'll have a good-sized lunch and just a smoothie for dinner because we aren't especially hungry, so again that's somewhat opposite of what most people seem to do.

Anyway, I thought I'd mention it in case that idea makes sense for people in transition or who aren't at 100%.