Cranberry Ideas?

Hello,

Wondering if anyone has any recipes using fresh (not dried) cranberries. I've had two bags given to me, and am not sure if they would make a good addition to my morning green smoothies?

Comments

• blueyzblueyz Raw Newbie

If you like tart foods then go ahead and add them to a smoothie, personally I love them and were one fruit I ate raw seasonally WAY before I even knew what raw foods were or was eating a whole foods diet.

You can make raw cranberry sauce with a food processor, I have done it but sadly wasn't following an exact recipe so don't have a specific recipe for you(I have seen ones online though). Mostly cranberry, some orange juice and slices and fall/wintery type spices(mostly cinnamon for me) . Or you can chop and add to apple mixture, I want to try to dehydrate some but I didn't have dehydrator in time this year.

• seaweedseaweed Raw Newbie

I like adding them to salads; and tossing some with sliced zucchinis, tomatoes, and other veggies along with a splash of tahini, ACV and ginger. Or just some olive oil, shoyu and garlic on the same veggie/cranberry mix. Juice 'em, blend them up with some vinegar and tahini to make a salad dressing, etc.

• sounds great! I will try those ideas! Thanks.

• pixxpixx Raw Master

I like to toss them in with diced apple, walnuts or pecans, maybe some buckwheaties, and top with nut mylk for "cereal". They are good tossed into a slaw, with raisins to balance the tart. Sometimes I just eat them as is.