flu-like symptoms

i have the worst fever, headache, faceache, and body ache. my throat and nose hurt, too. it's basically the "everything" sickness. are there any natural remedies that you guys know of? the fever is the main thing i want to go down. i have school all week, and it's been difficult.

Comments

• Hi Joannabanana,

sorry to hear you feel so bad. It probably is detox if you ask me! It can show in all kinds of awful symptoms like that! :-(

I would recommend lots and lots of green smoothies to get you better real soon. :-)

They support your immune system fighting whatever it's fighting, getting rid of whatever it's getting rid of.

Get well soon!

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

how high is your fever? a fever is actually a good thing if it's not too high and means your body is fighting off infection. I like to do lots of juices, coconut water, and anything high in vitamin C (my favorites and goji berries and pineapple) to keep off the colds. lots of ginger tea and hot baths. if it's already set in, though, take a day or at least a few hours to just rest. there's no substitute for that. for the sore throat, gargle with salt water and for sinuses use a neti pot.

• teadeteade Raw Newbie

I agree with the Vitamin C big time.

I've been really big into herbs this coming cold time.

I actually got sick recently and I'll tell you, I've been taking chopped raw garlic like pills (swallowing with water) and they work like antibiotics because they have special things. lol. But if you can manage it, I'd soo recommend it.

Ginger is also a really good thing to help. I chewed on a raw piece and my throat felt a good bit better for a while!

Also drink tea if you do.. Echanecia is really good.

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

thanks for your help guys. i'm not gonna lie- i've been absolutely miserable!! i'm mostly better today (besides coughing and sneezing), but i'll take that any day over burning up. i sound like i've been a smoker all my life. after 4 days, i finally started to sleep a few hours over the night. i would wake up every morning soaking wet because i had sweated out my fever... only for it to come back within a few hours haha glad that's over with!!! i drank lots of warm lemon water and tea with honey and gargled with enough salt water to drown myself with.