Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

My foray into raw eating

1235»

Comments

• emtpdmomemtpdmom Raw Newbie

Just my two cents worth here, but I believe Kandace and Ray (the owners) have made their intention for this site abundantly clear. The header on every single page reads: "Gone Raw sharing raw, vegan recipes and advice." I point this out, not to add "fuel to the fire", but to hopefully contribute to clarity.

I don't interpret this to mean that only raw, vegans should participate on the site. I do interpret it to mean the recipes and advice given should be raw and vegan.

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

To clarify, this is a website for sharing raw, vegan recipes. We've never stated that anyone needs to be 100% raw or 100% vegan to be a member of the site. This is a place to bring more raw, vegan recipes into one's diet. We're not here to argue over veganism. There are plenty of places in the internet to do this! We do expect that everyone (vegan and non-vegan alike) interact in a respectful way towards each other. And this thread has not held up to that standard at all.

This forum topic started out so interesting! Let's get back to the original intent of this post, which was to learn and document as a new member takes their first steps on a raw journey.

• pixxpixx Raw Master

Thank you Kandace for this site, and for clarifying here. One poster has mentioned me as attacking. That was not my intention. My intention was to defend. I'll refrain from reacting this way here, in the future.

Once again, thank you for clarifying.

• gratefultobegratefultobe Raw Newbie

You are nuts if you think I ever cared what you ate. I always maintained anyone is welcome to share and contribute (in my insignificant opinion) no matter what their percent of raw. Show me where I ever said anything else. Cant I have an opinion too? If anything I have tried to encourage people be accepting of everyone. But whatever

EDIT: Since a previous post is gone I wanted to make sure no one thinks this was directed at emmasgoneraw.

• CarnapCarnap Raw Newbie

Just wanted to throw out something :

Don't let yourself get too influened by this thread. I ate some raw sheep cheese thinking 'oh, others do it and they are fine' and wow am I not fine. I have major brain fog, am exhausted, and a moody mess.

Now I know I will be : VEGAN FOR LIFE!!!!

Now, how long is this gonna take to detox, the cheese?

• perhaps you have an allergy.

education beyond the thread: www.realmilk.com

• Very detailed description! I invite you to read a book called Green for Life by Victoria Boutenko. What is everyone making their green smoothies with? A blender? Or does everyone have a Vitamix? That is so necessary. I like the

bio-chemistry explained in a book called Ph miracle by Robert Young. It is written as if you had never read a book about nutrition, of which I have made it my personal hobby, so you have to skip that, but underneath the science that is explained about what our bodies do with the foods we eat was very informative. I wouldnt suggest eating the same thing every day. I dont know any raw foodist, or vegans who do that.