Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Favorite "no gadget ", low-fat recipes

I am fairly new to raw and I work graveyard shift at a nursing home. I have my fave smoothie recipes and salads, of course, but I would like some new ideas for quick, east packing, energizing "lunches". I don't have ANY fancy equipment, just a blender and a juicer and I'm planning on staying that way for now...simple and fresh.

Comments

• ...that's easy packing!

• PamPam

I like collard wraps. Trim the middle stem, roll them burrito style for neater packing, and wrap tightly in plastic. Spread on either cheese sauce (for which you'll need a blender) or guacamole (no blender required). Top wth your favorite veggies. I like sprouts, carrots, onions, mushrooms (marinated or not), tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, dates or pineapple, mint leaves or cilantro. Collards are nice and sturdy.

• carrie6292carrie6292 Raw Newbie

Mmmm.... one of my favorite wraps is from Ani Phyo's book. Take some sun dried tomatoes, raisins, fresh dill and some pine nuts. Mix with a litle salt and olive oil. Wrap in a collard. So easy and absolutely delicious!!!! Everyone i serve these to loves them - raw or not! I make the wraps as I eat them. This so far is the easiest meal to pack and eat on the go...

• beanybeeganbeanybeegan Raw Newbie

If you want low fat you may want to make the zucchini hummus, good in wraps.

• SuasoriaSuasoria Raw Newbie

If salads are boring you, call it a slaw - slice everything as thin as possible, and add a sweet/sour or sweet/spicy dressing.

I like red cabbage sliced as thinly as possible, onion or fennel ditto, spiralized or matchstick-cut beet or carrot, diced tomato, basil or cilantro, sesame seeds with ACV, agave, and a dash of red pepper flakes. Sub your favorites, the goal is to get thin, thin thin strips of everything and make the dressing crisp and tangy.

You can cut up most things on the weekend and toss together in the mornings, or even better, the night before, so the dressing has a chance to penetrate everything.