Are Hydrponics Safe?

Our farmers market has a ton of veggies grown with Hydrponics. I don't know much about it other than its grown in a greenhouse without using soil. Does

anyone have anymore info?

Comments

• emtpdmomemtpdmom Raw Newbie

Try an Advanced Search. I seem to remember reading a thread or two about hydroponic gardening. If you're new to using the Advanced Search features on GoneRaw, click here and check reply #3.

I'm working on a more detailed explanation for refining an Advanced Search. Hope to post it this later weekend.

• gratefultobegratefultobe Raw Newbie

emtpdmom, thanks for being so very generous with your time and being so helpful to us less computer intuitive. =)

• I know riiite I would be totally lost without her!! She has helped me quite a few times. emtpdmom you RAWK!!

roooaaaar roooaaar the crowd goes wild!!!

• blueyzblueyz Raw Newbie

If it is sold at a local market I would talk to the person selling or owner to get more information.

I'm in CT and there is a farmers market open in the winter but only one guy sells greens, all hydroponic (they are good but $$ if buying a few). I have been there enough to know he doesn't spray them or use pesticides, and he has good produce. I only buy from him in off season for everyone else, but just today I got 4 bunches of NICE dandelions, beet greens and hugs thing of red leaf lettuce ($14, but worth it) but I love that if I don't use it day 1-2 I can keep the roots wet and the plants keep going for another week as opposed to cut greens. In full growing season I don't buy his goods, but it is nice to have a source of fresh organic greens in the middle of winter in CT that are at least local grown.