Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Help! This has me really freaked out!

RawaholicRawaholic Raw Newbie

I just went to the bathroom this morning. My pee was a washed out pinkish color, and my stool came making the toilet water turn more of a purple pinkish color. Yesterday for lunch I had 16 oz. of freshly juiced Apple, Beet, and Ginger with a 1 oz. shot of wheatgrass. Could that have done it? If so what does that mean?

Comments

• Red beets will do it!

I recently went on a juice fast for a week. I made this huge glass of beet juice and went to work....

I was in the bathroom off and on all day. Sometimes I had to flush twice because or the leftover pink water.

After I stopped worrying, it was kinda funny. I imagined that's what the girl from Legally Blonde's pee looked like...

• RawaholicRawaholic Raw Newbie

LOL. Thanks lenabedina! I'm glad that's all it was.

• LOL yeah I made carrot beet and celery juice for my husband later that evening he comes out of the restroom saying he thinks the juice has causesd him internal bleeding!! I was all worried asking if he is pain and what not...then he explained the urine AND stool colors. I was ROTF telling him to relax he will be fine. I should have turned it around somehow to shock him into drinking more BUT that would be baaaaaaad. Naughty nuaghty of me to even THINK that way!! ;D

• Oh yeah... one time I was pretty sure I had cancer!, and then remembered all those beets I had eaten at a friend's house the day before, LOL.

• :) Funny

The pink Dragonfruit does the same :)

http://www.tropicalfruitnursery.com/dragon/pages/voodoo.htm

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

No worries. I haven't had beets in a while....need to get some. :)

• mm I LOVE beets! I've always eaten so much of them when I have them around that I've been used to this pink urine syndrome since I was an infant. It's actually quite nice haha! I'm gonna eat that last beet of mine tomorrow : )

• RawaholicRawaholic Raw Newbie

Yeah, pink pee is going to take some getting use to, but I'm finding I really like how I feel drinking beet juice. My mom is trying them out but is having a really hard time. Just looking at or smelling a beet makes her physically ill! I have to juice them for her and mix them with carrot, apple, and ginger juice, but even then she can only tolerate a couple of tbs. of beet juice. She really want to try to drink more but the taste is just too much for her. Any ideas?

• According to Victoria Boutenko (in Green For Life) the redness of your pee is an indication of how much hydrochloric acid your stomach has. The redder it is the less you have. Drinking green smoothies actually increases the acid. I myself have noticed that each time I eat beets my pee becomes less red. After writing this I found this video:

So, keep on drinking those green smoothies!! As for your mom's inability to handle beet juice just look up http://goneraw.com/node/14111 (Green Smoothie with Pink). It's quite tasty and since it has no exact amounts she can add as much beet as she can handle.

• It's the beet!

• If your pee is pink after eating beets, it's probably beets. Try cutting out beets, see if it goes, the put them back and see if it turns pink again.

I love beets!

• Ages ago, our son ate some beets and he told me his urine came out pinkish red.

• Mmmmm.... what goes in must come out. :)