Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

i'm desperate, HELP! acne advice. please (:

2»

Comments

• kellyannekellyanne Raw Newbie

hi sa-raw! if you have problems with acne, makeup will only make the problem worse. let your skin breathe for a little while and you'll end up with a natural glow you don't want to cover up :)

here's a great site for anything skin related http://www.rawfoodexplained.com/nutrition-and-the-skin/

• Sa-Raw, I am the opposite actually. I wear a tinted moisturizer by Tarte and my skin freaking loves it. If I don't wear it for a couple of days my skin goes nuts in a bad way. and about the just washing face with water, I think thats okay for people who dont wear any makeup. But for those of us teens who wear makeup on a daily basis, a light cleanser that lathers and washes completely off should be okay. I try not to overload my skin on store bought products.

Thanks to everyone for your super awesome support and advice. I recently visited an herbalist and she did this biovoice test? It told me that I need to relax, that I have an aluminum overload, and that the candida is still there. My friends have started calling me Candeeda. She told me to take a parasite cleansing herb concoction(its called candosolve) and so far, my skin is pretty perfect. Except I ate peanuts without thinking about it and I got a little broken out. Im going to get this all figured out. I hope!

• achin70achin70 Raw Newbie

Here's a link to Dr. Mercola's website:

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/03/28/Simple-Ways-to-Stop-Acne-Naturally.aspx

Acne appears to be associated with high insulin levels. Good luck and LOL. :)

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

I think Jane Iredale mineral powder is lightweight and great for people with sensitive skin. Better than Bare Minerals. I wear it more for light sun protection than anything; I think it's better than any moisturizing sunscreen I have found and non-irritating.

• sweetteaaa. i got my hormone test done and i am extremely estrogen dominant and i also found out that my adrenals are shot. i haven't been able to get the consultation yet but hopefully i can get some good advice and all natural supplements from the apothecary i got the test from. i am sure there is a lot more information i'll have after my consultation. if its anything valuable to this thread i will post about it for sure!

• Mmmm.... Hot Cheetos!

(I'm so bad!)

• If there is any ONE TRUTH, I believe this is it: It's different for everybody... *sigh* I think a good rule of thumb is to use as pure a product as possible, and don't over cleanse/treat. I heard one person "screaming" about not using anything on your face except water, and that might work for some, but I personally find that unrealistic as I wear make-up (has sunscreen in it!) and need a bit of moisture on my face or under my eyes from time to time - who knows - maybe that will change for the better when I go 100% RAW??... I use Neutrogena body wash on face and body and it seems to work ok for me - don't spend too much on a cleanser because it just gets washed off - spend more $$ on the topicals. As far as topical products go, I would suggest to look for something (like a toner) that is ph balanced. I use tea tree oil, but last week I had a reaction - to what, I'm not sure, but I stopped the TTO, things got a bit better, and now I am dealing with the aftermath. It seems to be taking a long time to heal, but I just started going more raw and Lord knows my hormones are being weird (I'm 41) so I'm sure all of these other "issues" are factoring in here...

Cucumbers... I'm going to juice a few more of those beautys... and I will leave the bag of Hot Cheetos on the shelf!

MORE WILL BE REVEALED!