Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Raw Students in Philadelphia?

Hey, I'm a college student and I just wanted to see if there were other raw ppl in the philadelphia area....

Comments

• kaitlinkaitlin Raw Jr. Leader

Hey there,

I know you posted this a while ago, but I'm a Philly area college student transitioning from cooked vegan to raw vegan.

• Hey! Thanks for replying, what school do you go to? I'm at Temple.

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

I'm not a student; I'm 29, graduated college years ago, but I'm a raw foodist and in West Philly/University City, soon to be Center City. I posted about a get-together on a different board. If you are interested, let me know. It will be a mostly low-fat raw food get together at a public location.

Welcome to the board!!

• That would be great! Can you post the link to the other board, I'd love to go...

No one replied on the other board yet. I don't think people really check it. But here is the post:

For those in Philadelphia, Harrisburg, etc., how about a meetup at Oasis? http://oasislivingcuisine.com/

Jayna' and I spoke of it and are excited to meet other low-fat raw fooders. You can get a juice there, or a smoothie, or the zucchini parfait no cashew sauce, only marinara (or eat the sauce if you want, just saying these are low-fat options).

A Saturday would be good. Honestly, I have a move (from Phila to Phila but still hard work) coming up, so how about we suggest Saturdays in July, August, or September and see if we can reach a good date?

I think July 11 will be out for me, but I will have more info on that as time goes by.

--

don't be shy about suggesting dates! it will have to be a lunch on a saturday, it looks like. public transportation or carpooling is fine. i can always borrow a car (xterra, so lots of room), but i usually do public.

Hey! I go to school out at Swarthmore, but I'd love to catch the septa into Philly for a meetup. I'm currently not in Philadelphia, though, and won't be back until mid-August. I'd love to get together any time during the academic year. I'm very new to raw food (I've been vegan for 3 years, though) and have only met a few raw foodists, so I'd love to learn from you all. Hopefully we can get something together for the beginning of the academic year! Also, has anyone been to Arnold's Way? That might be an interesting place to meetup in the future.

I've been there, don't go often. It's an okay place for a meetup!

• yay! dis sounds fun. i'm a temple university studeent =) i have not been to arnolds way, but would like to visit

does anyonee know how far it is from northern philly?

It's in Lansdale, about an hour from CC via public. Not sure about north philly. I'd do a meetup there.

Do we want to wait til August?

Also, it looks like a person who's having a meetup on a raw-food meetup group (which they're usually in the suburbs) is a U of P student: http://rawfood.meetup.com/374/venue/?eventId=10657539&popup=true&venueId=987361

i found this out yesterday - what great timing!

http://rawfood.meetup.com/374/

• yea i think august is better

ahhh upenn is a train away. not too bad

• what campus? i'm at temple as well

• I'm at Temple's main campus! If there's a meetup outside philly and anyone needs a ride let me know since i have a car (or a trip to arnolds way). August would also work for me...

It looks like on the other forum, the one person from Harrisburg prefers a meetup in Oasis if you're interested still.

Do you want to try August 22?

• yeah that sounds great, what time?

I guess whatever is good for other people, too. Maybe 2 p? It has to be lunch due to their hours.

Hmm, Jayna' is not avail. the 22nd. What about the weekend before on the 15th?

• My uncle has a raw food store and restaurant in Landsdale PA a suburb of Philly called Arnold's way you should google it and visit.

I've been there. I think the consensus, at least on the other board, was to do Oasis. But everyone is free to do whatever!!!

• I was more mentioning it because its in the area and my uncle is a good guy. I live in Milwaukee so I will only be with your group in spirit so have fun.

• o cool i'm on the main campus too

• mmm how far is oasis from philly? asking cus i don't know my way around pa that well. its my first year here

can someone help?

• emtpdmomemtpdmom Raw Newbie

Nadia -- Superfood supplied a link to the Oasis Living Cuisine website in reply #5. It includes a "drive to us" link with a map, etc.

• thank you =)

• emtpdmomemtpdmom Raw Newbie

My pleasure.

Hey superfood2 (and everyone), would it be possible to meet Sunday the 23rd? I know you said that your friend is unavailable the 22nd but I wasn't sure if that meant she's unavailable for just that day or for the entire weekend. The reason I ask is because I won't be back to the Philly area until the 17th and I won't really be able to make it off my campus and out to Oasis until the 23rd at the earliest. If not, hopefully there'll be a time in the future that I can make a meetup because I'm really excited about the raw food lifestyle but my peers at school are just not in that place yet at all. Anyhow, is the 23rd of August a possibility?

Hey! No, I'm not available then but planning for another time, maybe in September, will be good. I will be going to Mexico now at the end of August.

What about September 12?

September 12 is great. We have three people so far!

Yay! Would it be a good idea to add this to the Philly Raw Food Meetup.com group to attract others?

Yeah, were we going to say 1:00 p.m.?