Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

A friend new to veganism needs convincing on why eggs and fish are bad for health

2»

Comments

• CarnapCarnap Raw Newbie

Are you disappointed to have had to go off raw? Do you still have high energy? What cooked foods do you eat? Lentils, etc?

• 123 and Carnap - are you aware the fluoride added to most U.S. citie's drinking water is responsible for prohibiting proper thryoid function, contributing to and causing hypothyroidism, also?

http://www.pr-inside.com/first-ever-government-review-of-fluoride-thyroid-r596428.htm

http://thyroid.about.com/cs/toxicchemicalsan/a/flouride.htm

http://www.thyroid-info.com/articles/shamesfluoride.htm

http://www.fluoridealert.org/health/thyroid/

Fluoride was used by the Nazis in the concentration camps' water supply to prisoners because they knew about its numbing, pacifying, and "calming down" affect it has on people. That way the prisoners were less likely to try to resist and fight back. It also causes brain lesions, among other things, while the recent studies show it does not help prevent cavities, and the original "scientific tests" performed in the 1940's were, in fact, flawed and possibly biased. Fluoride is also found in most toothpastes (read how it isn't safe to swallow even the smallest amount of toothpaste on the back of each tube, too), and in many packaged foods and children's foods.

- "Professional Perspective on Fluoride" - 5 min video

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7984669833566646476&ei=Ia7fSbzNJpPCqAPo-MjZCg&q=fluoride+deception - "The Fluoride Deception" Dr. Stanley Monteith - 1 hr video

• alpdesignsalpdesigns Raw Newbie

Yes, I'm familiar with the dangers of fluoride. I drink well water because I live in a small unincorporated town where city water is not an option, thank goodness. Our well is tested for germs and contaminates every month. I'm glad that you are making everyone aware of the Flouride Deception.

Carnap, I have deblitating MS, and I had hoped that a raw diet would make me strong enough to walk again. I still eat raw, just not exclusively. I actually have more energy now than I did while eating only raw. When you have one disease it can easily lead to another (they're only labels assigned to symptoms). I don't know which came first, candida, hypothyroid, MS or something else. I'm on a longtime search for the definitive diet that will help me get well. Eating raw, although my choices of food varied, did not satisfy my longterm needs. It was good in the beginning but that might have been due to eating whole foods instead of SAD ones. I used to think Krispy-Kremes and candy bars were food groups! I've been experimenting for a long time and I've done enough research that I could probably write a book. What I've learned is that each of us is different and sometimes the information sounds better than the application.

Update : I just saw my friend.

He has been vegan for three weeks, maybe less. He is mostly over detox (not raw detox, vegan detox).

He was so gentle, so patient, he had a light in his eyes I've never seen ! He's a different person ! He used to be sort of agitated and short tempered, low manly voice, you know...

I cannot believe the change. And he said he is gonna stay vegan for life !

• zinfandelzinfandel Raw Newbie

123 I feel for you about your condition. Have you ever considered getting a consult by Dr. Doug Graham? He has helped thousands of people over 30+ years overcome many conditions. So many people rave about their consults with him and say their lives have been totally changed.

Regards,

Z

I feel for you too. Sorry, I got a little distracted with my friend's visit.

Keep us updated.

• Joyce H,

I am a newbie to raw, for health reasons. I wanted to feel better and look better, enjoy a longer, better life, but no moral reasons ever entered into it. I have never looked into being a vegetarian because of cruelty to animals. I love animals, but the cows grazing in the field across the street didn't seem associated with the steak on my plate. I, however, watched your video link on "egg factories" and could not stop crying due to the horror I was witnessing.

I am scared right now. Scared because I realize that my whole life is about to change. I know that this video is not an isolated incident or only associated within chicken farms and egg factories. Its like this veil of ignorance that I was sitting comfortably behind has been pulled away and out of horror, I'm afraid to look. All the while knowing that I have to look because I will never forget the little I just saw.

Cara

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

Cara, it will get easier.....I'm sure your heart is hurting. Just be thankful that you DO react to the cruelty you saw; can you imagine the apathy associated with not caring? So I definitely am thankful there are people like me and you who abhor such acts of violence and oppression. (no offense to anyone who does not have moral issues with using animals, obviously).

Take care.

• alpdesignsalpdesigns Raw Newbie

I was member 123 but I couldn't sign in because the login site said that the name was already taken. Yeah! By me!

Zin, I tried Doug Graham's 80/10/10 diet but it was too much sugar (fruit) and not enough fat for regrowing/repairing myelin. It was also hard for me to eat as many calories as he recomended. The fruit was making it difficult to get rid of the candida, although he says that it shouldn't. The 80/10/10 might work better for a person who didn't have to restore good health but only had to maintain good health. Thanks for the suggestion.

I did start taking Nutriiotics Rice Protein because of him and I've used the product for some time. I skipped using it for awhile but I use it regularly again now. The fiber has been good for elimination and for the prebiotics that feed my beneficial bacteria.

Please don't feel bad for me. I'm getting better.