Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

vegetable pasta

I have a spiralizer and love zucchini pasta but I'm curious what other vegetables do you make pasta out of? Thanks, Jane

Comments

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

i have used butternut squash in the past but i didn't like it at all. it was too starchy for me. my favorites are zucchini, carrot, and summer squash.

• SuasoriaSuasoria Raw Newbie

Daikon radish, carrots and beets, beets, beets! Golden beets, red beets, pink beets. I'm sure turnip would be good too.

White zucchini is a good substitute too. I'm not fond of cucumber pasta, it's too juicy.

• seaweedseaweed Raw Newbie

i love me some carrot and daikon radish pasta!

also, cylindrical beets!

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

I tried using butternut squash the other week and found it quite hard so wasn't that nice. Dunno if I should have done something to soften it a bit? I really like courgette (zucchini) but havent really tried anything else. Keep meaning to try with cucumber in some sort of thai style dish. I see so many recipes on here and think they look geat but never seem to get round to trying them.

• vegan2rawvegan2raw Raw Newbie

I agree with the above posts Beets are amazing spiralized we do zuchinni, carrot, beets, radish, sweet potatoe, apple anything really dont be afraid to get creative.

I agree about the squash as much as I love raw some things like squash and regular potaotes are too strachy so we do a light steam if were craving them.

• daniefondaniefon Raw Newbie

Sweet potato is excellent when I want something a little heavier. I usually have a small serving with a salad, or serve it on a bed of spinach.